• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The future up or down

annie1954

Newbie⭐
How does anyone feel today I’m just feeling down looking on shrimperzone people discussing will we be playing St Albans or oxford city next season and then reading in the papers about the likes of Cambridge united celebrating staying in league 1 & Leyton orient & Stevenage & maybe Northampton gaining promotion today , yet our poor football team doesn’t know if we’ll be around next season, I just hope after all our terrible last few years better times are ahead,

The worst part about waiting for 17th May is that we don't know what we don't know. I know that's a truism but that's where we are at. And the problem with that situation is that we on the Zone have degrees in fearing and articulating the worst possible manure that could happen to the Club and thus us.

So for now I'm just holding my breath and my nerve and looking for omens that make me think all will be well (eventually). I take a degree of solace in the fact that Tom Lawrence is still in there and batting for us. Surely if we were about to finally sink without trace he would have upped and gone as he is too professionally cute not to know the score. I'm also clinging to the fact that Stanley is maintaining radio silence. Again, why, when by now we've normally has a Stanleygram or two. And finally the ultimate clincher for keeping me positive, Shrimpet Steve reckons we're ****ed..................

It's beyond miserable.

Every day I try to tell myself that one day this will all end positively, but I can't see anything other than the club crashing and burning at the moment.

The nagging thought in the back of my mind is that buyers could pull out at any moment, like what happened to Bury.

Absolutely depressed on the football front.

Watch both the play off semis yesterday, grounds packed to the rafters and whilst he atmosphere at both was great, just wondered how much better it would have been with 1-2,000 Shrimpers involved and of course a competitive team.

Praying that things work out in the next few weeks in a positive manner and we are actually given the chance to compete in this division with the financial shackles of the past 5-6 years or more removed and we can be a force to be reckoned with once more.....

The alternative just doesn't bear worth thinking about, but of course it has to.

I've pretty much given up hope that this club won't end up in administration or being liquidated.

Unfortunately I also expect the same to happen to at least one of York, Yeovil, Crawley and Scunthorpe within the next couple of years.

Meanwhile the premiership will continue to drive up costs throughout the game.

Utterly depressed.

We need this takeover to happen in the next 4-6 weeks, or I dread to think what will happen and what sort of state we will be in.
Yeah I’m well down in the dumps ☹️
I think we have 6 weeks max unless a take over has happened.
Having said that we have to dodge the tax man. We can’t be complacent and rely on the judge being lenient on us. It can’t be taken as a given that we will get more time to pay.
We probably have broken nearly all the previous agreements with the inland revenue. Can’t look good for us especially if the judge is a Colchester supporter. 😬

If we don't have a new owner by the AGM then we're finished imo

As depressing as it is, I still genuinely believe that better times aren't far away.

Ron can't be chairman for ever and with him gone, we can rebuild.

I do think we will be taken over but it's going to the wire.

I'm sure Wrexham couldn't ever imagine such a bright future when they had 24 hours to save their club from closure.

Don't lose hope.

I still think the club being bought just in the nick of time (as in, after an adjournment on 17th May and before the next hearing somewhere towards the back end of June) is marginally the most likely outcome. It will need Ron Martin to be realistic and peole around him to continue battling to make him see sense, but I think the vice grip is tightening and he's being backed further into a corner with an ever-weakening strength of negotiating position.

Administration is still an option though, imo.

Ultimately, I can't see him paying this tax bill and the only way he'll get an adjournment is to allow time for a sale to go through. So this coming week is critical. There needs to be some serious movement so that, at the very least, the judge can be presented with evidence that serious negotiations are on going with potential buyers, and that a sale is expected soon.

I still think the club being bought just in the nick of time (as in, after an adjournment on 17th May and before the next hearing somewhere towards the back end of June) is marginally the most likely outcome. It will need Ron Martin to be realistic and peole around him to continue battling to make him see sense, but I think the vice grip is tightening and he's being backed further into a corner with an ever-weakening strength of negotiating position.

Ultimately, I can't see him paying this tax bill and the only way he'll get an adjournment is to allow time for a sale to go through. So this coming week is critical. There needs to be some serious movement so that, at the very least, the judge can be presented with evidence that serious negotiations are on going with potential buyers, and that a sale is expected soon.
The Chairman seems to be assuming that failing to settle the tax bill will not harm his chances of selling the club. That assumption will shortly be tested.

Hope and Pray you are correct in your assumption. COYB,UTB. We must survive 💙💙🤞🤞🤞🥲

Back