• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The future up or down

Anyone often try to describe the plight we are in to supporters of other clubs? So draining and you find yourself saying it’s too long to explain. Then they say ‘ah he’s always got you out of it’ or ‘not many clubs go to the wall’. Then you have to explain the whole saga and why it’s so bad until it makes you feel sick.

It's currently play-off time and I feel so down watching them, especially after that glorious day against Wycombe Wanderers (look which direction they went in).

It's currently play-off time and I feel so down watching them, especially after that glorious day against Wycombe Wanderers (look which direction they went in).
I do get what you mean. I turn games on like Coventry v Boro and think how crazy it is that we were playing at the Ricoh and St. Andrews against them not so long ago. They can now get into the Premier League and we are a non-league team. Unbelievable how quick things can change.

I do get what you mean. I turn games on like Coventry v Boro and think how crazy it is that we were playing at the Ricoh and St. Andrews against them not so long ago. They can now get into the Premier League and we are a non-league team. Unbelievable how quick things can change.

Yes, but to be honest that's the appeal of football. Instead of regularly visiting the Ricoh or St Andrews or Fratton Park or St James' Park we now have a more varied group of grounds to visit. Which of us would have wanted to miss that visit to Gateshead when binoculars were needed to see the pitch when we could have just been plodding off to the RIcoh or St Andrews yet again?

Oh........ wait a minute......

Yes, but to be honest that's the appeal of football. Instead of regularly visiting the Ricoh or St Andrews or Fratton Park or St James' Park we now have a more varied group of grounds to visit. Which of us would have wanted to miss that visit to Gateshead when binoculars were needed to see the pitch when we could have just been plodding off to the RIcoh or St Andrews yet again?

Oh........ wait a minute......
Shame Brackley didn't go up, could have had another visit to St James' Park...

Back