• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gamers Thread

100% Southend, Everytime! :)

I am in my 2nd season with them atm, first season finished mid-table, this season, currently 9th, and it looks like I could be aiming for play-offs, and possibly automatic promotion! :)

Last edited:
First time I've sat down and played it for any great length over last two weeks... in Championship in 4th season with things looking a little shakey!

Ah, I had a blitz a few weeks back, finished mid-table, but just went back to FM2010, and it looks like I underestimated my team's position, I am 9th in the league! Looks like I could actually be pushing on for play-offs and even possibly automatic promotion!

Currently doing a Journeyman's career where I've started at Audax Italiano. Anyone know how to get a new stadium?

Yep, it generally gets turned down though. Really pleased at the moment with Southend. My story so far is :

Immediate promotion from League 1 as Champions
Won Championship Play-Offs in First year.
Avoided relegation from the premiership finishing 15th.
Currently 4th in the table after 12 games.

Not entirely sure why the YLOD thread got merged into here but I've been really paranoid recently about my PS3 getting struck down with it. It's a launch model and as they are getting older and older it seems to be becoming more and mroe common for them to die. Anyway, it's always worked perfectly but last night it froze twice during Transformers: War for Cybertron.

I'm not convinced that it's an early sign of a serious problem because I could eject the disc easily enough and I went on to watch a DVD on it for a couple of hours without any problem but I wondering whether it might be time now to trade it in for a Slim.

I'd miss backwards compatibility and would probably have to bring my PS2 back over with me next time I fly home. Plus I prefer the look of the old PS3s over the matte-finish of the new one. I don't know, I'm kind of torn on what to do.

If I traded in how could I keep the games/demos/trophies etc that I've got?

Won an Xbox360 recently, and thus bought some games for it (as you do).

CoD4: MW: Cost a tenner pre-owned, bargain as far as I'm concerned. Never really did FPSs before (hell, had a bit of a retrofest at a media museum up north on a trip and promptly got shot to bits five times in as many minutes on Goldeneye for the N64), but by God is this a good game. Bit short though and sometimes the camera's a bitch (Crew Expendable when evacuating the ship for example) but still, the thrill you get when you get a clean as a whistle headshot is unreal.

Prototype: Or, as I like to call it "Kill As Many People As You Can In Just About the Most Gruesome Way You Can". Some real freaky **** in this one, but it's still a fun game. Until you get to the Elizabeth Greene boss. Then it gets frustrating, but then the rush you get when you finally kick her arse to Hell? Priceless. Also got this pre-owned (in fact, I have no brand new games, technically), and it too is a bargain, as far as I'm concerned.

Prince of Persia: Not all that far into this (only got it Thursday) but it's alright. Controls are a bit squiffy in as far as the Prince sometimes does the exact opposite of what I want him to do, and the ****ing Warrior is proving a bitch cause I can't hit the fecking X button fast enough, but it's good.

Mirror's Edge: Probably the worst game I have, which is a shame because it has potential, but it's so ****ing frustrating. Controls are shockingly ****, and as for the health system, what health system? 3 shots and you've bloody had it! It is incredibly cool when you get it right though. And having got it for less than a tenner pre-owned (but with a brand new disk - don't ask me how, I don't know), it's worth the money.

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition: Oh. My. Gods and Godessess. I'm only 53% through this (which, in 3 days isn't too bad) but wow. Yes, there are some frustrating bits, such as Killer Croc, and yes, it is about as clear as mud what you have to do sometimes, but this game is so good it doesn't matter. How they managed to make one island and what's on it so expansive is beyond me. Can't bloody wait for the sequel. Got it pre-owned for £13 with both sets of glasses as well.

Assassin's Creed: Got this for a fiver. Controls are finikety, and I have no idea about the story since I played the opening bit of the game on as good as mute (it was near midnight, the parents were asleep in the next room). Pretty good game though.

Army of Two: Normally, I wouldn't buy this game (I've heard it's shockingly ****). However, it was the first of many games my friend gave to me on account of his Xbox breaking down for my birthday so I wasn't going to turn him down. It's not bad. Not the best game ever, and I can see why it's been taking most of the stick it's taken, but it's not exactly a contender for Worst Game Ever.

Lost Planet Extreme Edition: Gameplay wise it looks like being Extreme has no effect what so ever, but it's a cool case and has the art book in it (another pass off from my friend, as I believe all of them are from now, he keeps his disks in good nick). Played a bit of it (Batman, Assassin's and Bioshock have been wiping out my days mostly), and it seems pretty cool. Some pretty kick arse weapons at least, always fun to use those.

Bioshock: The metal case edition (what that means beyond it still selling for £54 on Amazon I've no idea). Holy ****. I know what happens (well, I know the phrase "would you kidly" comes into it), but I think that makes it even better when you notice things like that. Besides, Electrocuting a Splicer before bashing it over the head with the Wrench or blasting it with the Pistol or Shotgun? Cool!)

Just Cause: Think GTA on an island somewhere in South America (he says based on the accents and names of places and people). And it's officially sanctioned by the CIA. Not that it stops you from being chased by police. Seems alright, not played it much though.

And, finally, Prey: Seems a good little game so far, not that I'm all that far into it. It does have a track from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie (the one with Ivan Ooze) in the first scene though.

Hmm, I'm thinking Star Wars: The Force Unleashed next, then Assassin's Creed 2 (which was going for a tenner pre-owned in my local Game store)...

COD - Black Ops, due out in Sept.

Looks the nuts and apparantly you can control a helicopter from the cockpit, in the online mode!

I still can't really get into COD, if there's another SZ death match I may have to get involved.

Thinking of investing in Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain, both fairly cheap on ebay now.

I still can't really get into COD, if there's another SZ death match I may have to get involved.

Thinking of investing in Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain, both fairly cheap on ebay now.
May be planning a SZ online game one night sometime soon, I might post a thread up later on, if I get time.

And as for suggestions for games, Heavy Rain is apparently really good, and Red Dead Redemption is also a good game.

May be planning a SZ online game one night sometime soon, I might post a thread up later on, if I get time.

And as for suggestions for games, Heavy Rain is apparently really good, and Red Dead Redemption is also a good game.

Nice one. I haven't played COD since Christmas so safe to say I'll be rusty, although I wasn't that good anyway...

Heavy Rain it worth borrowing rather than buying. Doesn't really have any replayability IMO. Alan Wake is supposed to be good on the XBOX.

RDR is a must have.

COD - Black Ops, due out in Sept.

Looks the nuts and apparantly you can control a helicopter from the cockpit, in the online mode!

I'll go out on a limb and say Black Ops will be crap & you'll be back to MW2 before you know it

Alan Wake is a must buy from what I've heard, Red Dead's been out for, what, 2-3 months now, and it STILL gets 5 minutes of discussion on any gaming podcast I listen to when it's brought up.

As for Assassin's Creed, no idea on 2, but 1 is proving a complete and utter bitch. Can't get through to Jerusalem. The path seems to go stright into a rockface, and every time I try and find it, the guards catch and slaughter my arse. I hate the way that the ONLY way you can go anywhere without being spotted is by doing it as slowly as possible. I'm not spending half an hour on a game just getting to one place.

Completed Batman Arkham Asylum now. Got all the character (well, character doesn't quite cover it 'cause the Batmobile and Batwing are in there too) trophies, only got 6 profiles to get, and am on the bottom line of the Arkham Mystery files (now those are creepy...). Only one challenge left to unlock too. Thank God for the hint maps you can pick up for 200 xp, though.

Hell yes. Decent length and very good storyline, plenty of stuff to do afterwards. This isn't a ****** movie tie-in game, this is a original storyline written by people involved in the animated series and with a cast of Kevin Conroy (who voiced Batman in said series) and Mark Hamill (who voiced Joker in said series). The atmosphere is incredible, and it's as much, if not more about detective work than it is about the fighting, and even then it's probably better to go for the stealthly approach than the "go in all guns blazing" way, especially if the room's loaded with armed goons. Very enjoyable (and the 15 rating helps as well, if it wasn't for the distinct lack of blood it'd be 18 for sure, it's actually incredibly violent).

There's a reason why they released a Game of the Year edition (which is the one I have and would heartily recommend as it means you don't need to get the DLC as it's already on the disk), and there's a reason why it got 96% from Gamesmaster.

Back