• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gamers Thread

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
I know there's been a few threads here and there about games people have been playing/thinking of getting.

So I thought it would be a good idea to try and keep it all in one place.

I've just downloaded the 'Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Demo' Only played for about 10 minutes and I'm still in the training programme so the jury is still out on that one.

I'm now downloading a demo for 'WWE Legends of WrestleMania' which looks amazing and will be getting it when the full version comes out on 20th March.

Ozzy, How's Killzone 2 treating you ?

Last edited:
Been playing the H.A.W.X demo too mate, I think it's a little too repetitive for my liking.

For me it's all about PES09, PS3. Best game I've played, albeit PES6 was the best for it's time.

I need no other games :sherlock:

I know there's been a few threads here and there about games people have been playing/thinking of getting.

So I thought it would be a good idea to try and keep it all in one place.

I've just downloaded the 'Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Demo' Only played for about 10 minutes and I'm still in the training programme so the jury is still out on that one.

I'm now downloading a demo for 'WWE Legends of WrestleMania' which looks amazing and will be getting it when the full version comes out on 20th March.

Ozzy, How's Killzone 2 treating you ?

Good idea mate, for those of us with too much time on our hands :)

Its out of hand fella, loving it. Played it on a HD tv today, I was honestly blown away. Great game, must buy for all PS3 owners.

Good idea mate, for those of us with too much time on our hands :)

Its out of hand fella, loving it. Played it on a HD tv today, I was honestly blown away. Great game, must buy for all PS3 owners.

Yeah I will get it, I've read a few things about it and is supposed to be amazing. I need something a bit different from COD now though. I would never sell it but there times when I really cant be doing with the kids you can tell play it all day.

This dosent involve a game but hopefully there will be someone out there who can help me.

I'm not very good with computers and all that sort of stuff and I don't have a wireless router but I bought the appropriate cable to get online on my PS3. But I have been unsuccessful in getting it online

I live with my grandparents and needless to say they don't really know what they are doing here either.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

If any of you boys / girls are after some new cheap games, Zavvi is now back online and with a few decent opening offers:

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/games.dept

For you Wii fans, there are a few great titles:

Zack & Wiki - £11
House of the Dead: Overkill - £25
Resident Evil 4 - £14
No More Heroes - £14

Entering the code 'zavvi10' gets you a further 10% off too...

PES6 far outdid PES5 on the PS2. PES2009 is a quality game, people seem to fail to realise that because it so massively underperforms.

It should be 10x better, it's not, but it just outdoes PES6 for me and PES6 was a masterpiece of its time.

I think fifa's better than pes. It's more realistic with proper kits and team names and real stadiums. It also has more leagues and you can play as Southend.
Realistic has nothing to do with kits, names or stadiums.

I do think it is more realistic, but I prefer PES gameplay, pass it about and proper shots, the shots are fantastic.

I think fifa's better than pes. It's more realistic with proper kits and team names and real stadiums. It also has more leagues and you can play as Southend.
Got fifa 2009 on the PSP and the sprites are really really small...found it hard to play and rubbish to look at!!

Got a question: what's better Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty 5?

On PS3, Playing mainly COD4 at the moment. (Got it off ebay the other week) Sometimes a bit of COD5 thrown in but I think i do prefer 4 now.

My ID is kendo1978

Il add you fella. How much did you get COD4 for?

I traded my COD4 for the new one, which was such a bad move.. I miss modern warfare!

£19 in the end, plus there was a special deal on the extra maps that week so I got them for £3.99

Back