• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gardening Thread.

They are protected so you're pretty much knackered really. One bit of advise, stay clear, they don't interact with each other very well let alone humans and can fight like demons.
Except for the honey badgers. Those are just cute and cuddly and love a good fuss.

(don’t try this at home though)

Hard as nails badgers! Many a Jack Russell has lost their life(and head) by doing what they naturally do.

Hard as nails badgers! Many a Jack Russell has lost their life(and head) by doing what they naturally do.

One of my working dogs killed a badger! I saw her go for it and thought she was going to get hurt. She proper ****ed it up!

True story - a badger wrote off one of my mate’s cars donkey‘s years ago by walking out in front of it. He still gets good mileage from the story when these scammy car insurance people phone up and ask if he’s been in an accident. One of them told him “the other party had accepted full responsibility“. He strung it out for about half an hour before conceding the other party was a dead badger.

True story - a badger wrote off one of my mate’s cars donkey‘s years ago by walking out in front of it. He still gets good mileage from the story when these scammy car insurance people phone up and ask if he’s been in an accident. One of them told him “the other party had accepted full responsibility“. He strung it out for about half an hour before conceding the other party was a dead badger.

When I was on the post many years ago, I was pushing the bike up Church Hill in Benfleet at silly o'clock one morning when three badgers came rolling out of the bushes by the church knocking the sheesnik out of each other.

Picture if you will me dropping the bike and running back down the hill screaming for my mother. Very nearly had a accident in the underpants department that day.

Got a new strimmer today. Just sayin'

https://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/micerop.gif

Any good? I’m thinking about a battery lawnmower. Garden isn’t big enough for petrol but I hate having wires.

Seems to be, only just got it. I did want a battery lawnmower but I've had a bit of expensive month so may have to wait.

It would be great if manufacturers could adopt a standard battery so that you could buy devices separately.

Any good? I’m thinking about a battery lawnmower. Garden isn’t big enough for petrol but I hate having wires.
Push along Qualcast models are still around, and they have cylinder and roller so if you want a good lawn then that would do the job.

My old man used to have a push type mower. No ****ing thankyou. They're absolute murder.

My old man used to have a push type mower. No ****ing thankyou. They're absolute murder.
Not if kept sharp, and used regularly, however if the grass is left to get too long then they can be a tad hard work.
A reconditioned older metal model is better than the newer, lighter, more plastic ones.

I mow a few lawns throughout the year. I find petrol mowers the best for large lawns, and electric mowers the best for small. The petrol ones are much heavier, so best to have a bit of help with the self propelled lever(if it has one), on a large lawn. For nicer stripes, you need a roller, preferably on the mower. Much more problems with the petrol ones tho if not kept right. If sitting in a shed unused for over a month, the petrol starts going stale. This can form gums and Peroxides, which stick throughout the fuel system, especially in the carburettor, making the mower harder or impossible to start. So you really need to empty the petrol from a mower if it won't be used for over a month. Petrol stored in a can needs to be shaken before use as some of the many additives, can rise to the top, or sit at the bottom in the petrol.

Back