• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Ghost of Xmas past

I'm happy that it's illegal. :net:

As the divine Oscar said,foxhunting is:-"the unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable."

What do you think,for the record?

In favour and the huntsmen should be allowed to use heavy machine guns as well. In fact anyone who complains against it should be rounded up and put in Concentration Camps, bring back Gas Chambers and Gulags. Lets invade Poland and send everyone back. Wonder what good old 'Divine Oscar' would make of that.

In favour and the huntsmen should be allowed to use heavy machine guns as well. In fact anyone who complains against it should be rounded up and put in Concentration Camps, bring back Gas Chambers and Gulags. Lets invade Poland and send everyone back. Wonder what good old 'Divine Oscar' would make of that.

He'd probably think you were a bit "feral." :winking:

Once saw a foxhunt (from the top of a doubledecker bus in Cornwall).Not a pretty sight.

I'm happy that it's illegal. :net:

As the divine Oscar said,foxhunting is:-"the unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable."

What do you think,for the record?

Out of further curiosity, why the difference in view over bullfighting and fox hunting?

My feeling on fox hunting.... It doesn't affect me and I have no strong feeling either way. I can see why in a civilised society it should remain banned. However I do wish something could be done to cull the vermin.

Out of further curiosity, why the difference in view over bullfighting and fox hunting?

My feeling on fox hunting.... It doesn't affect me and I have no strong feeling either way. I can see why in a civilised society it should remain banned. However I do wish something could be done to cull the vermin.

Frankly,I don't see any difference in my views on bullfighting and fox hunting.

(Like you as regards to fox hunting), I would have no problem whatsoever, if bullfighting were to be banned.

I've already said I'm "intensely relaxed" about it.

(I'm certainly no expert but I thought it was legal to cull vermin, under controlled conditions).

Frankly,I don't see any difference in my views on bullfighting and fox hunting.

(Like you as regards to fox hunting), I would have no problem whatsoever, if bullfighting were to be banned.

I've already said I'm "intensely relaxed" about it.

(I'm certainly no expert but I thought it was legal to cull vermin, under controlled conditions).

Well you seem to be saying you are ambivalent about bull fighting (ie no strong preference) but happy fox hunting is illegal, which suggests you are more in favour of bull fighting then fox hunting (further supported by your comments on the culture and tradition of bull fighting).

Last edited:
Well you seem to be saying you are ambivalent about bull fighting (ie no strong preference) but happy fox hunting is illegal, which suggests you are more in favour of bull fighting then fox hunting (further supported by your comments on the culture and tradition of bull fighting).

For the sake of clarity,I'm no more in favour of bull fighting than fox hunting,(fairly obviously I'd have thought).

Fox hunting is (of course) illegal in the UK and is likely to remain so.

It's highly unlikely that there will ever be an outright ban on bullfighting in Spain,( indeed,the cultural arguments in favour were widely employed when Spain first joined the EU).

In these particular circumstances, I'm more than happy that bullfighting has declined in many areas of Spain, (especially here in Barna, where there used to be two bullrings but now is only one). As many Catalans will tell you, (quite rightly), the only people who go to bullfights here, are immigrants from other areas of Spain and tourists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is strange as bull fighting is basically a pay per view event put on for the benefit of the spectator.
Can't think of many people who would pay to go and watch a fox hunt

I assume there is an eliment of satire going on here but assuming you do back hunting with dogs is there any reason behind that?

I assume there is an eliment of satire going on here but assuming you do back hunting with dogs is there any reason behind that?

I couldn't give a monkeys if people want to charge across the countryside on horseback with a pack of hounds hunting foxes. All I was displaying was an ability to post complete bollocks to a simple yes/no question. Easy isn't it? Completely side tracked the whole thread for the want of the use of one of two words.

I wonder if someone could keep a mental note of how many he will ruin this year by turning the conversation around by asking irrevelent questions to shift the bollocks he talks away from him.

Why he could make another turn with this one with my spelling mistake. All I know is I'm not going to rise to the bait anymore, I'll either ignore it, put the weasel sign up or just not bother at all and let him prattle on to himself.

I couldn't give a monkeys if people want to charge across the countryside on horseback with a pack of hounds hunting foxes. All I was displaying was an ability to post complete bollocks to a simple yes/no question. Easy isn't it? Completely side tracked the whole thread for the want of the use of one of two words.

I wonder if someone could keep a mental note of how many he will ruin this year by turning the conversation around by asking irrevelent questions to shift the bollocks he talks away from him.

Why he could make another turn with this one with my spelling mistake. All I know is I'm not going to rise to the bait anymore, I'll either ignore it, put the weasel sign up or just not bother at all and let him prattle on to himself.

Happy soul are we not ? :smile:

Back