• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Ghost of Xmas past

Blair was what a lot of Labour supporters accepted as the way into power rather than the way they wanted a Labour government to work. With the Tories setting up the £9,000 a year tuition fees, taking VAT to an all time high, cutting away employment rights and seeing a massive increase in low paid no security jobs, cut the top rate of tax, close A&E units and instal the Lansley NHS reforms then sideline him when they didn't work, instal the Gove education reforms then sideline him when the entire profession was alienated, make unprecedented cuts to services without reducing borrowing... Blair should recognise that the current government - including the calming Liberal influence - is a great advert for a left wing government.

The nearer the election the more I expect more images like this one. Reference will be made about France having the highest unemployment since its records began and its low growth and high taxes. I think Blair's first comment was spot on.

th

The nearer the election the more I expect more images like this one. Reference will be made about France having the highest unemployment since its records began and its low growth and high taxes. I think Blair's first comment was spot on.

th
you should probably lower your expectations - the press will only show images of Milliband eating and Gove and Lansley will be names that people can barely remember let alone acknowledge the actual damage they have done.

He should stick to his fantastically successful middle east peace project. I wonder if he really believes that he still has influence here. What a tit.

you should probably lower your expectations - the press will only show images of Milliband eating and Gove and Lansley will be names that people can barely remember let alone acknowledge the actual damage they have done.

the elcetion will be about the economy as usual. Nothing else - and Labour have nothing to offer apart from Hollande economics.g

I agree on Lansley, but I think Gove will be quite prominent. He is going to have a big part to play in the Conservative election campaign and whether successful or not will continue to be widely used on policital TV and radio shows.

I agree on Lansley, but I think Gove will be quite prominent. He is going to have a big part to play in the Conservative election campaign and whether successful or not will continue to be widely used on policital TV and radio shows.
Lansley is tainted by the fact that the government backed his plans despite the fact that pretty much no one inside or outside of the medical profession knew what he was trying to do. I think he actually speaks quite well - just not a good idea to let him try to implement half backed ideas.
I agree that Gove will get airtime - as chief whip he needs to lead the line. He is however one of the most disliked men in politics, but is recognisable and all of the main parties seem to be in the same boat that very few of them are faces the public will recognise and through a lack of choice Gove will have to be seen.

Back