• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gilbert & Rose West Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'll bite.
Are we talking all 'press' - as in newspapers? Or TV and radio as well.
And if only newspapers, particular ones? And therefore what they write is untrue, ie, a variation on inaccurate?
Or are we talking angles on facts? Presenting news in a way that reflects a particular stance?
Because if it's the latter, it's been happening 90 years-plus.
Ah I see…yes it was of course a generalisation. There again that level of detail would, perhaps, not have served the thread well (not least as it would be a debate somewhat off topic).

Fascinating reading some of these posts. Wodges of posters reckoning it doesn't really matter, wodges of posters doing their pieces over our club being so stupid for letting it happen, both lots of wodges taking aim at Ron for his radio chat, then we have a younger supporters wodge who haven't got a clue who Rose West was but join in anyway, and finally there were some who drip fed social media and lit the external media Bush fire.

Sorry if I've missed anyone out but I think I'll be glad when we have finally finished with this topic, let a name change happen and then move on, after all we have our first league game of the season tomorrow.

Who would have ever guessed that some utter nonsense would make German news papers. Hardly a nation to mock other people murderers.

For those of you who are upset and think it has ‘ damaged’ the clubs reputation, Ron should apologise etc…… Man up and have a laugh it’s what a Saturday day at footy is meant to be.

If you want to be upset look up the evidence about the 18 possible further victims of Fred and Rose….. Ask why the police won’t investigate further and why a certain land owner refuses to allow a privately funded search on his land……Justice for families of the missing West stand….. Might actually achieve something.

Anyone find it slightly ironic that the people moaning about it becoming public knowledge are the same people posting about it on social media? If no-one posted about it, no-one would know.

Slightly unfortunate circumstance, but does anyone under the age of 30 actually know who Rose West is without Google searching?

Just call it the Gilbert & Rose Stand.

Seems like they listened to you - That‘s what it’s called on on-line ticketing now…..

The Gilbert and Sullivan Stand would be more tuneful though.

I would love to know how much these people paid the club for the best world-wide publicity anyone could ever have.

PS I am surprised Ron Martin didn't blame the sponsors for having the wrong names.

The hoo-haa about the stand name is ridiculous when you think convicted criminals are allowed to continue playing. Marcos Alonso and the old Plymouth keeper both killed someone for example. Then you have the ones who have severely assaulted people and animals.

Benson-and-Hedges-640x354.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back