• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gilbert & Rose West Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, being associated with a serial killer is not a good look. I would argue they didn't know what they were thinking.
Yes but SUFC are not associated with a serial killer are they? It's just an unfortunate (at worst) conjunction of words.

Unless, of course, you have access to the newspaper photo of a smiling Rose in her New Hall Prison cell shaking Ron's hand and handing over one of those out-sized cheques.

Erm, being associated with a serial killer is not a good look. I would argue they didn't know what they were thinking.
The club made much more of a hoo haa on the sponsorship deals they struck for the East, South and North stands (and rightly so). They were curiously more circumspect about this one.
I wonder if G&R were the highest bidders (as it were), MidexPro weren't interested in swapping and the club couldn't afford to turn it down. Or an employee below Tom, with less of a good head on their shoulders, signed off on it and we are where we are.

Napper, who in their right mind calls it the Clifford and RoseWest stand. At worst it's the Clifford and Rose.....,.... West Stand or the West Stand as I call it. They are a sharp couple of cookies in my book. Look at how many people are talking about it.
They can't be that smart if you've already got their name wrong.

No mention of their URL, their social media, nothing. So it's crap publicity

I was thinking about left backs. I'll now sit down and think of Gilbert and George. ☺️

The point is. Did you know about Gilbert and Rose before all this. I didn't. Did you know what they did. I didn't. Do you know now. Yes. Have you looked at their website. I have. Do you think they are serial killers. No
The only thing that comes to mind when I look at it is Rose West.

They'll have to change it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back