• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gilbert & Rose West Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on a positive, at least we've finally found something Ron is embarrassed about and actually makes an apology!

It aint even a big deal. The stand is clearly not named after Rose West like most idiots on social media are claiming. Its not like we are plastering her face all over the stand and tickets etc and endorsing what she done.

People looking in to this and thinking we are and causing a big hoo ha about it need to give their head a wobble and trying to find fault with things that clearly is not the case is exactly the reason this country is going down the drain very quickly. Gotta stop pandering to the melts that see issues in absolutely everything.

I wonder how many people actually read it as "The Gilbert and Rose West stand" as opposed to the "Gilbert and Rose West stand"

It reminds me of the old tale of Web addresses ...Mole Station (a town in Australia ) had a garden centre whose web address was Molestationnursery.com and General Electric (a power company in Italy)has Genitalia.com .

Spoke to the team at RH today, the sponsors themselves have enjoyed the exposure, they were at the ground today too.
The plan is to change it to just the Gilbert and Rose stand.

Spoke to the team at RH today, the sponsors themselves have enjoyed the exposure, they were at the ground today too.
Tbh I'm sure all the other sponsors are envious. I know the South stand had new sponsorship just over a week ago and I could not tell you who that was with ..... EVERYONE has now heard of Gilbert and Rose .... so I bet they've enjoyed it!!!

I wonder how many people actually read it as "The Gilbert and Rose West stand" as opposed to the "Gilbert and Rose West stand"

It reminds me of the old tale of Web addresses ...Mole Station (a town in Australia ) had a garden centre whose web address was Molestationnursery.com and General Electric (a power company in Italy)has Genitalia.com .
There was an online therapy site called therapist.com

Anyone find it slightly ironic that the people moaning about it becoming public knowledge are the same people posting about it on social media? If no-one posted about it, no-one would know.

Slightly unfortunate circumstance, but does anyone under the age of 30 actually know who Rose West is without Google searching?

Just call it the Gilbert & Rose Stand.

The sponsors will be over the moon at the local and national coverage. There is absolutely nothing that reflects badly on them, and if they had to pay for this extent of coverage it would run in tens of thousands of £...

Anyone find it slightly ironic that the people moaning about it becoming public knowledge are the same people posting about it on social media? If no-one posted about it, no-one would know.

Slightly unfortunate circumstance, but does anyone under the age of 30 actually know who Rose West is without Google searching?

Just call it the Gilbert & Rose Stand.
I (early thirties) had never heard of Rose West before this saga.

I agree it's ironic everyone's complaining about seeing the name "Rose West", whilst being the very ones who are spreading it about far more than we (the club) would have. It clearly can't be that offensive.

The only thing that comes to mind when I look at it is Rose West.

They'll have to change it

Obviously none of us would now…. However i did watch a doc recently and pictures of her when she was younger…… I had to ask myself “would you”

The obvious retort to anyone taking the pi$$ out of us over this, is to say it was done, because we are going to slaughter all opposition this coming season!

I (early thirties) had never heard of Rose West before this saga.

I agree it's ironic everyone's complaining about seeing the name "Rose West", whilst being the very ones who are spreading it about far more than we (the club) would have. It clearly can't be that offensive.
And there is probably a junior member of staff who is under 30, maybe on here, who is probably wishing we would just stop going on about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back