• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Seeing as the Pub is looking musical at the moment....

Went to xfm's Winter Wonderland at the Brixton Academy last night.

Of all the bands scheduled to play, I have to say The Go! Team were the ones I was least bothered about seeing. However, they were absolutely fantastic. That band have more energy in the lead singer's left foot than most bands have in their whole line up. Would definitely pay to see them again.

Quick run through of the other acts:

Morning Runner - only caught the tail end of their set but really liked what i heard

Kubb - one bloke doing an acoustic set. Not exactly bad, but not what the crowd were wanting to hear at that moment

Graham Coxon - would have helped if he'd turned up. Laryngitis my arse
mad.gif

Athlete - they don't really do it for me, but most of the crowd loved it and I have to admit they are a good live band.

Richard Ashcroft - brief acoustic set. Always thought him massively overrated, but I appeared to be in the minority. Lucky Man dedicated to George Best went down well.

Supergrass - I'm a huge fan, but they were a little bit disappointing. Started with Gaz doing a solo rendition of their wonderful single St Petersburg, but then stayed low-key. I had to leave early alas, so i don't know if they ever got the loud guitars out, but that was what I'd been hoping for.

Still £20 and all in a good cause (Shelter), so a cracking night!

what night di you go? xfm were advertising hard-fi, kaisers et al. i presume they were not there on the night you went. ive seen kaisers live twice this year and they were awesome. how did you manage to get tickets for this? they were like goldust i heard?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 13 2005,20:23)]Morning Runner - only caught the tail end of their set but really liked what i heard
One of my tips for 2006.
Supported Coldplay on their huge open-air tour in the summer.
Album due early in the new-year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 14 2005,10:17)]what night di you go? xfm were advertising hard-fi, kaisers et al. i presume they were not there on the night you went. ive seen kaisers live twice this year and they were awesome. how did you manage to get tickets for this? they were like goldust i heard?
The Sunday looked appreciably better (Kaisers, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi among others) better, but tickets for that went inside 15 mins.

My girlfriend got ones for the Monday night over the phone. The line up wasn't as good, hence why tickets were easier to come by.

Still, pretty much a sell-out and still a good night of live music at one of my favourite venues.

Back