• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Anyone else cringe when the goal music comes on at roots hall.

Not only is the PA system shocking , but DJ Otzi and Hey baby is unbelievably bad.

Can we not try and find a more unique and catchy tune for next year?

I said this ages ago on another similar thread. I said how good the White Stripes Seven Nation Army tune sounded at Bayern Munich matches, then it pops up at the euros. We should go with it too. It's a tune we already chant to throughout matches, so if it was played after scoring it would keep the atmosphere going, rather than just drop after the ridiculously, awful hey baby song drowns out!

It seems to me that we did this thread last season with a whole host of alternatives to 'Hey Baby', but no common agreed replacement. Painful though Hey Baby is I suspect it will still be the goal blast this season as well. It will only change if the club decide to change it.

No music gets my vote. The argument that having it creates atmosphere is totally flawed as having music stops fans from creating their own noise.

Just happy to see a goal, I can't say I'm really bothered by what music follows it.
I hope the music played when the players come out reverts back to the original song (can't remember what it's called) rather than the commentary version which seemed to go on for about 10 minutes.

No music gets my vote. The argument that having it creates atmosphere is totally flawed as having music stops fans from creating their own noise.

Maybe, but there's a 'mature' guy sits near me who hardly speaks or cheers during a game. However, when we score and Hey Baby comes on he always joins in the 'ooh ahh'. Each to their own I guess.

Not only is the PA system shocking , but DJ Otzi and Hey baby is unbelievably bad.

Totally agree - the PA system in general is rubbish - probably waiting until Fossets Farm is up and running before investing in something good :hilarious:

Totally agree - the PA system in general is rubbish - probably waiting until Fossets Farm is up and running before investing in something good :hilarious:

The West w block end packed up last season. Couldn't hear a thing really.

totally agree, Agadoo would be less embarrassing ! Whatever is played at least the music
wont cost much in royalties.

No music please...

And please, not the Iceland clap either

totally agree, Agadoo would be less embarrassing ! Whatever is played at least the music
wont cost much in royalties.

No music please...

And please, not the Iceland clap either

I've not been to Iceland so I have no knowledge of the Iceland clap, does it itch a lot?

Alternative............."We are the champions" ? Could open us up for ridicule, (esp if 0-4 down), but I prefer optimism ....and putting the fear of God up the opposition :omg:

if we change it its needs to be to something that people can learn fast, and not something that you forget when it next gets played a few weeks later:winking:

Have thought this for a long while now, and I know there are other fans who may not be on SZ who would agree that the goal music needs a change. If we're going to replace the song, we need to make sure that the song is catchy enough for supporters to join in with - Seven Nations Army (as mentioned on this thread) would be a solid shout as a replacement as it's got a catchy tune.

Have also seen/heard a lot of clubs using this tune for goal music as well, which could work equally well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9Mg6gXGdk

Back