• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Goat is back!

Great news!

Only missing The Goat's autograph on last seasons shirt which has been signed by the whole squad...happy days!

Would surely make more sense to have it on a match day, but I suppose the Goat is already rich enough to do without my £15.

b******s... Im due in Brighton to start Uni that day
sad.gif

I don't believe it, thats the only day that week that I'm in work.

May have to re-schedule so I can meet The Goat.

Marvellous, I'll definitely be there.

Without wishing to start a "clique" alert HRH The Goat was on our table at the players do at the end of the season, along with the magnificent Lord Barratt.

The man is undoubtedly a complete legend for
a) coming out of a non playing football country in fact
b) a cricket mad environment to
c) a country that he found very strange as
d) (let's not forget) a young man when he first arrived to be
e) rejected by his 1st club but
f) eventually play at the highest level of football in
g) what is, arguably, the hardest league in the world if not
h) the fastest paced league to
i) score goals on a consistent basis despite lacking
j) an abundance of silky skills or
k) a burst of electric pace that would embarrass a tortoise whilst
l) playing the game like a complete gentleman with
m) a smile on his face (who of those who saw it can forget Yeovil away?) whilst
n) passing on his experience and
o) complete and utter enthusiasm to
p) those less experienced professional players and
q) those less fortunate children in his homeland resulting
r) in a national public holiday being held in his honour
s) for his services to charity (I think) and
t) promotion of football in his home country whilst
u) becoming a devoted family man who
v) nobody has a bad word to say about (unusual in football) and in fact
w) all his ex managers and
x) all of his ex club players and
y) all of his ex club fans seem to
z) love his Bermudan socks off.

and all these achievement belittled by one FACT

HE CAN OUT TALK BARRY HARRIS!  WHILST SOBER! (well he is tea total) (OOOOOOH NOOOOO not Harris)  
biggrin.gif

I imagine Goater will probably be booking signing somewhere closer to Manchester on a matchday. I wouldn't have thought he would be in england too long to promote his book so maybe we have just got to accept second best on this one

Superb!

The man is quite simply a legend!

"Come on feed the goat, he scores goals, goals, goals". I'll never forget that song the Man City fans sitting behind me were singing, sounded quality to the tune of 'come on feel the noise' by Oasis and Slade.
smile.gif

would be good if anyone could find other dates...
i'd quite enjoy a drive up to manchester (and make a weekend of it seeing mates) and get it signed in my southend shirt up there
- also need to get my shirt resigned as it is fading!

I hope the club are going to open up the car park entrance to the shop otherwise I can see Victoria Avenue becoming an absolute nightmare.

Work day I know but I would imagine there is going to be an immence amount of interest in this and I suspect the club will do it's usual and underestimate its popularity.:D

For all those who can't get to RH that day surely they can buy the book and ask the Goat to sign it in their absence and then pick it up next time they're at Roots Hall. Sounds simple to me. What's your feeling on this SITCS.
smile.gif

Back