• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The good old UK

The problem is that the councils are finding it harder and harder to fight these cases properly due to the cutbacks. I know in the NHS staff are getting away with underperformance/incompetence and HR are terrified of going to an expensive tribunal, so they get away with it. Even more baffling when getting rid of underperforming staff/unemployed migrants in the long run helps save money/benefits.

The problem is that the councils are finding it harder and harder to fight these cases properly due to the cutbacks. I know in the NHS staff are getting away with underperformance/incompetence and HR are terrified of going to an expensive tribunal, so they get away with it. Even more baffling when getting rid of underperforming staff/unemployed migrants in the long run helps save money/benefits.

That can also be the poorly qualified peopel they recruited in the first place for HR and their legal departments .

Being crap at your job is nothing to do with being a migrant , but then if your cutting back on a system and have those who organise and make the systems for your workers can also be at fault . Why is it always those who are at the front edge are perceived as at fault and incompetent ?

The crucial bit is "after her local council was over-ruled by a judge"

This is so often the case, Social workers put a case to court for a care plan and judges, magistrates etc overrule or change the plan , more often than not at greater expense to the local council.

The crucial bit is "after her local council was over-ruled by a judge"

This is so often the case, Social workers put a case to court for a care plan and judges, magistrates etc overrule or change the plan , more often than not at greater expense to the local council.

As Basildon council learnt they need to know the law , just because someone makes a decision still means it must be legal .

Unbelievable. I spent 32 years working and paying my own way, worked my way up to the princely annual wage of £18.000 and then got made redundant because of the economic s**t the country found itself in. I received the legally required amount of redundancy from my employer (£10,500) and because of this massive amount in my bank I am left with £30 a month to feed my family after the main bills (mortgage, insurance, utilities etc) have been met.
I don't expect everyone to support me, but I have found myself in this position through no fault of my own. Is it any wonder that the populous is p****d off when they read this sort of thing?

Unbelievable. I spent 32 years working and paying my own way, worked my way up to the princely annual wage of £18.000 and then got made redundant because of the economic s**t the country found itself in. I received the legally required amount of redundancy from my employer (£10,500) and because of this massive amount in my bank I am left with £30 a month to feed my family after the main bills (mortgage, insurance, utilities etc) have been met.
I don't expect everyone to support me, but I have found myself in this position through no fault of my own. Is it any wonder that the populous is p****d off when they read this sort of thing?

So are you expected to use all your savings, before you are given any financial assistance from the authorities to help pay your mortgage etc?.

So are you expected to use all your savings, before you are given any financial assistance from the authorities to help pay your mortgage etc?.

That's pretty much the strength of it. I do get jobseekers allowance, but that is regulated by my 'savings'. Think I'll use them up moving to an Eastern European country and living the life of luxury.

Sorry to hear that wighty but dont expect help if you have a pound in the bank,put it in someones elses account and claim the max.
About 10 years ago i was on my arse and went down the socail for help but alas they couldnt help because i was/am ugly but i got through.
The rules need to be change,no more forgien aid and no hand outs to non british citizens and free beer for wighty.

Exactly why the law abiding people - of ALL creeds and colours that are British - are fed up. Really sorry to hear of your predicament, as Firestorm says, it's often the judges that over-rule perfectly well presented cases that cause so many of these situations.

The point is, I am not complaining; I still have a roof over my head and am not reduced to begging on the street yet. It is just the reports of foreigners coming into the country and getting so much but without having made contributions and unlikely to put anything back at a later date that rankles. I am not against people getting work in this country..........plenty of Brits work abroad, I am just damn sure they are not treated to the high life when work dries up.

That's pretty much the strength of it. I do get jobseekers allowance,.

Good luck for the future. The reason i asked was because its a distinct possibility that after 43 years in business, the company i work for will go belly up this year unless business improves. (Personally cant see this happening as turnover has been decreasing for the last 11 years). Having been employed continuously since leaving school in 1972 (apart from 7 weeks), i feel i'm entitled to financial help for my rent, council tax etc. (When i split from my ex i let her have the house as my sons were 11 and 13, and i did'nt want their education etc to be affected due to various financial reasons through no fault of their own).
What savings i have will now 'disappear' so i am not penalised for doing what the government keep ramming down our throats, i.e save something for old age etc, if my company become another statistic sometime this year.
Rule Britannia, we've sunk below the waves..........

Good luck Billy if it happens. You will get help, but the amount of help you will get will be offset by your savings/redundancy. As I have said, I do not and would not, expect money to be pouring into my bank account when I am not doing an honest days work, but just a bit of fairness would go a long way.

Was going to start a new thread but this seems an appropriate one. I really hope this welfare reform gets pushed through, it's long overdue. It's disgusting that there are families collecting 26k a year in benefits when some working people don't earn that in a year. The Church should butt out of politics, too.

Here's a song for you.:winking:[video=youtube_share;Xvi9DjmINpA]http://youtu.be/Xvi9DjmINpA[/video]

Back