• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I said I'd keep Exiles posted about the Grand so here goes. No work started yet. They have discovered some more subsidence and the situation is with the Insurers. Mick Norcross publically stating he will not pull out. Mick Norcross has pulled out of Towie and will not allow filming in the Sugarhut as it was getting bitchy and "lowering the tone" of the Sugarhut. He will no longer appear in it. He's negotiating with 2 production companies to film the renovation and a new show like Towie to be called "the Grand". Saturday night the Grand was graffitied with green paint on the shuttering covering the windows. Basically it said "Jog on you Towie fakes. Your (sic)not wanted here and **** off you Towie *****". Charming. Never dull in moment in Leigh. 19/03/13 Graffiti now removed.

Right, Scott please avert your gaze. :smiles:
Mick Norcross says that the contracts have now been signed and will be exchanged in February when work will start. There were sone workmen in the building at the beginning of the month and some roof repairs done and a skip full of plaster (it looked like a ceiling) and manky wet carpet removed.
A firm called Prymo seem to have the contract.
Plans can be found
http://planning.southend.gov.uk/Pub...lication_detailview.aspx?caseno=MCUU1CPA5Q000
click on associated documents view assocatiated docs and proposed elevations.
He produced a booklet at the outset (about 2 years ago) which will give you an idea of his thoughts. The history in the booklet is not entirely accurate and since then the hotel has been extended.

I hope the link works http://t.co/gXLbFvAUE1

spoke to Mick Norcross last week. He said it was all systems go confirmed in the Leigh Times and Echo this week. Flurry of activity today, 3 vans in the car park and a merc, one an electrician. Underpinning is the first major job hopefully starting soon.
BTW I have always felt the Grand refurb/rebuild and Fossett's Farm were the same in that I would never believe both until they happened. One down, one to go????

spoke to Mick Norcross last week. He said it was all systems go confirmed in the Leigh Times and Echo this week. Flurry of activity today, 3 vans in the car park and a merc, one an electrician. Underpinning is the first major job hopefully starting soon.
BTW I have always felt the Grand refurb/rebuild and Fossett's Farm were the same in that I would never believe both until they happened. One down, one to go????

Let's wait and see when rooms are available at The Grand again.

(I used to stay there regulary on my trips back but haven't been able to do so for some time now).

It was always better when you could either go and see a crap local band upstairs, sit in the old man bar, sit in the losers bar or sit in the bar with the fit barmaids.

Once completed can't somebody "arrange" for the underpinning to fail, the building to fall down and all of a sudden see Leigh become a much better, less orange place?

Sigh.

It was always better when you could either go and see a crap local band upstairs, sit in the old man bar, sit in the losers bar or sit in the bar with the fit barmaids.

Once completed can't somebody "arrange" for the underpinning to fail, the building to fall down and all of a sudden see Leigh become a much better, less orange place?

Listen, when the Grand reopens I'm going straight in to the Spa and into the "spray tanning room (which is clearly shown on the plans)" for the full mahogany. Man, you've got to move with the times.

Back