• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Great Train Debate

The Great Train Debate -

• C2C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FGE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

footymad13

Most people have sampled the delights of both routes, if you had the choice of company which would you choose ?

FM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 17 2004,20:20)]Most people have sampled the delights of both routes, if you had the choice of company which would you choose ?

FM.
Have you sampled the delights of both routes?

I would have thought you were a bit young for all that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 19 2004,10:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 17 2004,20:20)]Most people have sampled the delights of both routes, if you had the choice of company which would you choose ?

FM.

He's very broadminded!
ghostface.gif
ghostface.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 19 2004,10:17)]Have you sampled the delights of both routes?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I would choose to travel on neither FGE nor C2C, since neither of them serve South-East London.  I only get South-Eastern Railways - the company being operated by Network Rail because Connex South-East were SO sh*te.

However, the DLR also runs through Greenwich, and whilst it is a bit slow, it is also a delight - totally reliable, not overcrowded - in short, a thoroughly pleasant travelling experience.

Of the two, I choose the mode of transport most suited to my journey - i.e. depending on where I'm travelling, and how long I've got to wait for the next train.

However, all other things being equal, I'd pick the DLR - quite simply a far more pleasant way to travel.

Matt

C2C - the trains are nicer but I think it will be an irrelevant question soon as the government are announcing their 'shake-up' of the railways today I believe.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Jan. 19 2004,13:08)]C2C - the trains are nicer but I think it will be an irrelevant question soon as the government are announcing their 'shake-up' of the railways today I believe.
sad.gif
I believe FGE are being replaced as from April which im not pleased about.

I have many friends in London so am starting to use FGE more and more and to be honest i find it very reliable and comfortable.

Im not lover of C2C, Its very crampted and seats arnt that comfortable.

Can someone tell me why FGE had it taken away ?

[b said:
[b said:

FM.

haha
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
[b said:

FM.

Just sometimes, the humour on this board almost drives me to tears !

arghhh !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 19 2004,23:17)]Im not lover of C2C, Its very crampted and seats arnt that comfortable.
Hmm, gonna have to disagree with you there Luke.

C2C are better than FGE. How can you say that it is cramped on C2C? I think they are more spacious then the other trains and FGE really need to change their trains that they use from Liverpool Street to Shenfield. I only have to use them trains if i'm travelling from Upminster to Romford or if i'm going into London from Romford and i find them very annoying and they aren't exactly as quick as the C2C are they?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Jan. 20 2004,08:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 19 2004,23:17)]Im not lover of C2C, Its very crampted and seats arnt that comfortable.

C2C are better than FGE. How can you say that it is cramped on C2C? I think they are more spacious then the other trains and FGE really need to change their trains that they use from Liverpool Street to Shenfield. I only have to use them trains if i'm travelling from Upminster to Romford or if i'm going into London from Romford and i find them very annoying and they aren't exactly as quick as the C2C are they?  
rock.gif
You disagree with FM - now there's a first!!!

In what way do you find the FGE trains annoying Hils? Are the numbers too small for when you're adding them in your notebook?
laugh.gif

The main thing in favour of FGE over C2C is the reliablitity - as a rule, they're much better on that front. And if you want quick trains from Shenfield or Romford to Liverpool Street, there are two an hour, and they're very quick. I'd agree that the C2C trains are more comfortable these days though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Greenelk @ Jan. 20 2004,10:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Jan. 20 2004,08:56)]
[b said:

rock.gif
You disagree with FM - now there's a first!!!

In what way do you find the FGE trains annoying Hils?  Are the numbers too small for when you're adding them in your notebook?  
laugh.gif

The main thing in favour of FGE over C2C is the reliablitity - as a rule, they're much better on that front.  And if you want quick trains from Shenfield or Romford to Liverpool Street, there are two an hour, and they're very quick.  I'd agree that the C2C trains are more comfortable these days though.
Their just sh*t, that's all!!

It takes ages to go just 2 stops from Upminster to Romford and they're really nasty trains, not very clean and look about 30 yrs old lol

But i do admit they are reliable and do turn up when they are scheduled to, tho.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Jan. 20 2004,11:10)]Their just sh*t, that's all!!
You've been reading the FM book of arguments again havent you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Jan. 20 2004,11:10)]It takes ages to go just 2 stops from Upminster to Romford and they're really nasty trains, not very clean and look about 30 yrs old lol

But i do admit they are reliable and do turn up when they are scheduled to, tho.
They're very clean around Christmas time.. every morning I'd get on to the trains, and they would smell of disinfectant. for some strange reason, around that time of year, they seem to clean them much more.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 19 2004,23:17)]Can someone tell me why FGE had it taken away ?
Luke,

They were rejected from the 'bidding' at a very early stage. National Express, Anglia and Arriva were the 'preferred bidders'. No one except the SRA really know why, but there must have been something going on they didn't like.

FirstGroup got shirty and threatened legal action but then decided not to, so they then went and bought out GB Rail (who own Anglia). So the SRA gave it to National Express instead.......

I don't rate First myself (as a daily user of FGE), they could have done a lot more than they have. I think they've treated the line as a 'cash cow'. It is one of the most profitable in the country. Just be thankful it's not Arriva, they aren't very good at all.

Sorry, you did ask!!!!!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Greenelk @ Jan. 20 2004,10:54)]The main thing in favour of FGE over C2C is the reliablitity -
Until 7:15 last night I would have agreed with you. However at that time the train that was taking me to the game, took down the power lines between Billericay and Wickford, causing us to be thrown off the train at Wickford. At 7:45 (k.o time ) I was stuck at Wickford, so I ended up getting a train back to Billericay and watching the game on teletext. One word springs to mind - B******S
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Jan. 21 2004,14:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Greenelk @ Jan. 20 2004,10:54)]The main thing in favour of FGE over C2C is the reliablitity -
Until 7:15 last night I would have agreed with you. However at that time the train that was taking me to the game, took down the power lines between Billericay and Wickford, causing us to be thrown off the train at Wickford. At 7:45 (k.o time ) I was stuck at Wickford, so I ended up getting a train back to Billericay and watching the game on teletext. One word springs to mind - B******S  
mad.gif
Gotta hurt!!

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 21 2004,15:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Jan. 21 2004,14:45)]
[b said:
mad.gif
Gotta hurt!!

sad.gif
After getting the plane last week, you're right, it hurt
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Jan. 21 2004,15:39)]After getting the plane last week, you're right, it hurt
sad.gif
Ah, so now we know why we won!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 20 2004,11:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Jan. 20 2004,11:10)]Their just sh*t, that's all!!
You've been reading the FM book of arguments again havent you?
Meh, the lass is right though.

Do they still use the slam door trains on the Southminster line in the mornings?

Back