• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The greatest race festival in the world tomorrow

Good stuff so far RO, what's tomorrows tips....
Not a bad day £150 staked and £246.50 returned so £96.50 in profit. I'm just analysing the last few horses for today this morning and I will let you know what I'm doing just after 9am. I put me bets on after 9am because skybet don't offer best odds guaranteed until after 9am the day of the race. Sneaky

13:30 – Envoi Allen, this one I analysed for the supreme novices which is considered a better race than this and it was the pick for that. Connections obviously decided to miss yesterdays race and put him in today when it came to final declarations and with that in mind it would be my banker of the festival. The odds are so short that I’m only going to do the money back bet with skybet.

14:10 – Pym is actually the highest scoring horse on my analysis and fits the profile of previous winners more than any other in the field, a good e/w bet at 25/1 and skybet are doing 4 places instead of 3.I’m also going Minella Indo to win, the negatives are its lack of runs this season and the fact the horse has only had 2 runs over fences, only recently being switched from hurdles. It is worth noting that those two outings over fences wielded a win and a second place so I don’t have major concerns on his jumping. The joint favourite Champ has had a Cheltenham placing but never a winner and the analysis suggests stamina issues, I don’t think he gets up the hill.

14:50 – nothing really stands out here so you could say the handicapper has it right? Skybet are doing 6 places and with my usual emphasis on previous Cheltenham form the 2 ew pick are Protektorat 14/1 and Champagne well 16/1. Both have Jockey trainer combos that historically do well in Cheltenham handicaps Protektorat the Skeltons and Champagne well Paddy Brennan and Fergal O’Brien.

15:30 – with the loss of Altior in this race, and it is a big loss to the festival not having this superstar horse, it has made it easier to pick and it is Defi Du Seuil who gets the nod. Defi and Altior were both perfect scores. Not going for an e/w on this one as its only paying 2 places with the small field.

16:10 – Tiger Roll, no surprises here. His last run was a negative but that was in a handicap and whilst that does not bode well for the National I don’t see it as a negative given his previous in this race.

16:50 – Saint D’roux at 14/1, to be honest this race is very open as you would expect in a juveniles hurdle with little form to base decisions on. The key in this race going on previous winners is stamina. The selection won on heavy ground LTO by 24l!

After the shock yesterday with Benie Des D , I’m hoping Tiger Roll will win me back some monies
Not a great price but better £ xxx on a 8/11 winner than £ xxx on 5/2 loser

Do fancy Champ in race one

After the shock yesterday with Benie Des D , I’m hoping Tiger Roll will win me back some monies
Not a great price but better £ xxx on a 8/11 winner than £ xxx on 5/2 loser

Do fancy Champ in race one

Race 2 Champ is in. Class horse but think it needs better ground. Has won on soft/goodtosoft but with the stamina zapping hill as well as the ground im not sure he stays. Made lots of jumping mistakes LTO as well and eventually fell, that was at Cheltenham too. If Champ was on a flat track I'd be backing him but not at Cheltenham

Bet old red nose will be first to open the Champers if Protekforat wins
Do like the Skeltons combo
Traffic is clear so far just 30 mins away , the hills are in view

I finished up with a small profit after day one.

I’m reinvesting it today, because you’ve got to speculate to accumulate.

13:30 - Envoi Allen

14:10 - Champ

14:50 - Franco De Port (for value)

15:30 - Defi Du Seuil

16:10 - Tiger Roll

16:50 - Palladium

17:30 - Appreciate It

Guys backing champ, you can get 9/2 with faller insurance at skybet. I'd sacrifice 5/1 and take that if I was backing it. Big questions on the jumping

Two wins on the bounce for me. Decent.

I did an acca this morning, which did include Chacun Pour Soi, but that’s been scrubbed now, so the odds will be affected.

Anyway, I’ve got everything crossed for this. 2 down, 4 to go...

80E5D36E-3716-481E-BCC3-B4018C1E64E1.jpeg

Great day out, two winners and a couple of places
If you get a chance to sample the atmosphere it’s second to none, it gets louder each year I go

So to day back to reality at work,funny how Cheltenham didnt seem to worry about Covid 19,standing shoulder to shoulder,no a fist or foot bump in sight,just handshakes and shaking heads after each race

So todays winners are :Cool:

Samcro 1.30

The Story Teller 2.10

Riders on the Storm 2.50

Penhill 3.30

If anyone drives to Cheltenham,strongly advise ,find a house that rents out their driveways,paid £ 75.00 included was a bacon sarnie and coffee on arrival and the the owner drove us within 600 yards of the entrance, was about three mile away and he picked us up 45 min after last race about a mile from course,split 4 ways you couldnt go wrong

I had a poor day yesterday, everything I won on Tuesday I lost yesterday. I'm £4 down for the festival after yesterday. We go again today!

1584006915704.png

Used my refundable bet on Faugheen, so not the end of the world.

Had a couple of quid on Samcro (not because I know anything about him, but because I like Sons of Anarchy)

Good start to the day.

Couldn’t choose between Welsh Saint & Storyteller for the next one, so backed them both, aswell as a reverse forecast

Had a cracking festival, with my personal best for profit. Finished £260 up in total.

Not bad, considering I don’t know **** all about horses

? ?

Back