• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I know they must be used to big crowds but the set up was immense. To take in about 5000 fans with nobody really waiting to be served by the inside and outside bars and the food choices they put out around the venue was simply superb.

Fantastic to see so many Shrimper Fans there and for PS to mix with all and have pictures taken. Even Tara Brady brought us a drink and he is as tight as arseoles ha.

Malcolm who owns the pub did us and TZ proud and I for one will never forget the pre-match atmosphere there.

Just a shame had to queue for ages for the loo's though.

Just a shame had to queue for ages for the loo's though.

There were about 10 portaloo type thingys scattered about the gardens but I do not blame you for not using them Jacks.

PS:Why didn't you wear your incontinence pads :dim:

Loved the pub today and to see so many familiar faces and some old faces as well from when I used to go in my "younger days"

Sounds like they know how to serve customers, which is more than can be said for Greater Anglia!!!

Only popped in there for about an hour thinking it would be a nightmare to get served - within about 30 seconds had a beer in my hand! And the same when I went for another! Top service and atmosphere so well done to those in charge of the place. :Worthy:

At 4.15 at Liverpool St just as hundreds of supporters were arriving, the last train for half an hour was just leaving. Someone looking after the barrier said "they didn't expect it to be this busy"

We arrived lateish but like j2000 we had a beer in minutes. Excellent service. Top marks to GM & it's staff.

Railways? We left pronto at the end (it's what lapsed fans do, sorry :sad:) & got to Liv St at 4:00pm. Luckily we were going to Chelmsford so no real issue & got the 4:30. The GNH's were lucky to get the 4:14 to Southend but well before our train left they weren't letting people on the platform for the 4:44. Some fans were already getting off the tube at Stratford & coming back into Liv St. Would imagine that trying to get out of London by train after 4:30 was probably a nightmare.

Annoyed I didn't have time to get to the Green Man, things with journey and meeting up with people took longer than expected. If we ever get there again I'll go by TZ.

I heard that they didn't put any extra carriages or trains on.

They put on one extra train and a few extra carriages but considering they were only running trains every half an hour, it didn't make that much difference.

To say they weren't expecting it is rubbish; we've know for weeks how many fans were travelling and surely their own ticket sales would have given them an idea!!

C2C managed to do ok, from what I heard. Anyway I've complained to GA and I suggest everyone else does the same :angry:

The owner of the green man had it spot on. That's how you run a football pub.

I may add the globe at baker st was mobbed to

Back