• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Re the Gillingham no-mark thug who abused Phillips whilst walking alongside him: the stewards weren't exactly rushing over - I hope to hear that he has been banned from all home fixtures for his behaviour.

Dont know if it was any worse than goes on at most grounds to be honest. Dont think you would get banned if you did that at Roots Hall.

He followed him for the length of the pitch though. Maybe I'm over-reacting but they're still scum.

Should have been a ban BUT it will all be down to what he said...

If the guy is swearing calling him a **** etc... then yes he goes and a ban

But if your walking along side not swearing and just saying your rubbish Phillips and I don't like you (hard to believe) then to be fair their isn't much you can pinch him for

Credit to Phillips though he was keeping his cool! lord knows what would have happened if that was Cantona or Balloteli

That guy was a complete moron.Made a real idiot of himself.

But if your walking along side not swearing and just saying your rubbish Phillips and I don't like you (hard to believe) then to be fair their isn't much you can pinch him for

Credit to Phillips though he was keeping his cool! lord knows what would have happened is that was Cantona or Balloteli
Or Bilel Moshni!

gills fan in peace.

Don't know if this refers to Philips, but on one of our forums someone tweeted -

"2idiots in front of me led off by police+stewards following Dack's red card,for abusing ref and the Southend player who was fouled"

Nice to hear the police/stewards do actually follow-up on idiots like this.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

gills fan in peace.

Don't know if this refers to Philips, but on one of our forums someone tweeted -

"2idiots in front of me led off by police+stewards following Dack's red card,for abusing ref and the Southend player who was fouled"

Yeah. Shame he was sat back in his seat in the second half

gills fan in peace.

Don't suppose we will ever know, but I hope your club has banned him if he was abusing Phillips, if he was abusing that **** of a ref then give him a season ticket in the directors box.

Oh yea forgot about that idiot he really let himself down lol. there fans who wa quite loud at times i thought were good otherwise. it was a red all day long cant see his problem with it

Its not he first time this bloke has got over animated after what he preceived as a poor decision. Silly tackle from Dack & we would have all been shouting for a Red had it ben the other way round. After about 10 mins i suggested Phillips looked like he was struggling, did he come into the game with an injury? he looked like he was quite stooped over and a possible groin problem as he kept stretching. Obiously he could hardly walk after the challenge but not sure how much of it was contact from Dack. Anyways looing forward to the return game at Roots Hall, fingers crossed we'll both be up there come the end of the season. ps Ref was abysmal to both sides, & as for his assistants, i think they need to go back to school to learn left & right again

Its not he first time this bloke has got over animated after what he preceived as a poor decision. Silly tackle from Dack & we would have all been shouting for a Red had it ben the other way round. After about 10 mins i suggested Phillips looked like he was struggling, did he come into the game with an injury? he looked like he was quite stooped over and a possible groin problem as he kept stretching. Obiously he could hardly walk after the challenge but not sure how much of it was contact from Dack. Anyways looing forward to the return game at Roots Hall, fingers crossed we'll both be up there come the end of the season. ps Ref was abysmal to both sides, & as for his assistants, i think they need to go back to school to learn left & right again

Phillips always runs like that

Credit to Phillips though he was keeping his cool! lord knows what would have happened if that was Cantona or Balloteli
So anyone in the crowd who swears at a player deserves to get a ban? That doesn't seem consistent with your views on banter v abuse?

The mentality of some football fans is unreal, i think the worst example recently was Aaron Ramsey being booed at Stoke. How dare he receive a career threatening from one of your own players, unbelievable!

Cant help but think most clubs are guilty of this. Personally I gave the red carded bloke stick, Allen stick, the ref stick. Its part and parcel of football. Walking the length of the pitch abusing him is a bit extreme but end of the day its football. The guys biggest mistake was wearing such an obvious article of clothing. Do that when someone a bit more tasty comes down and he might come unstuck.

The mentality of some football fans is unreal, i think the worst example recently was Aaron Ramsey being booed at Stoke. How dare he receive a career threatening from one of your own players, unbelievable!

Or the Crewe fans in the play off match at their ground. They abused Philips for time wasting when he was being treated. Turns out he had a broken shoulder.

Back