• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Harry Kane exhibition @ The Museum Of London

I find the lack of patriotism on this thread surprising. Or you all secretly Scottish or something?

At just 28 years old World Cup golden boot winner Harry Kane is already England’s second all-time record goalscorer. He’ll likely have the record by the end of the year.

But individual records aside he’s England’s most successful living captain having captained England to the World Cup semi-finals and European Championship finals.

That’s a career worth celebrating and with a World Cup this year hopefully there’s a lot more success in an England shirt to come.

I don't think I've ever been less inspired by an England CF!

He also has double the amount of penalties in that total (14 to 7) than our all time top scorer, Rooney.

He also has double the amount of penalties in that total (14 to 7) than our all time top scorer, Rooney.
OBL and how you would have hated it if he had played at RH and scored enough goals to keep the club in the EFL--You would have walked out in disgust and joined Col Ewe lol

Were you not inspired by his England’s side run to the World Cup semi-finals or Euro finals?

Were you more inspired by Alan Smith(x2)? Emile Heskey? David Nugent? Dion Dublin (non TV work)? Dominic Solanke? Jay Boothroyd? Frazier Campbell? By Michael Ricketts?

Should he Corinthian style try and deliberately miss the penalties?

It sounds like you need to park your Chelsea bias to one side and go and see this exhibition.

Were you not inspired by his England’s side run to the World Cup semi-finals or Euro finals?

Were you more inspired by Alan Smith(x2)? Emile Heskey? David Nugent? Dion Dublin (non TV work)? Dominic Solanke? Jay Boothroyd? Frazier Campbell? By Michael Ricketts?

It sounds like you need to park your Chelsea bias to one side and go and see this exhibition.

Spot on.

I have no Chelsea bias. He doesn’t inspire me, should never be the captain! I wasn’t inspired by the World Cup semis. We only beat average teams in that tournament, we came up trumps when we played decent teams.

I feel he was selfish in the Panama game too and as captain when already leading the game, John Stones on two goals why not let him take the penalty and get a hat trick. Something he is never likely to get in his career.

Sorry he just doesn’t resonate with me like the likes of Shearer, Sheringham, Owen, Rooney did in the past.

Great finisher but not a player I connect with like I did those of the past for England. Probably why I don’t care much what the England football team do these days.

I have no Chelsea bias. He doesn’t inspire me, should never be the captain! I wasn’t inspired by the World Cup semis. We only beat average teams in that tournament, we came up trumps when we played decent teams.

I feel he was selfish in the Panama game too and as captain when already leading the game, John Stones on two goals why not let him take the penalty and get a hat trick. Something he is never likely to get in his career.

Sorry he just doesn’t resonate with me like the likes of Shearer, Sheringham, Owen, Rooney did in the past.

Great finisher but not a player I connect with like I did those of the past for England. Probably why I don’t care much what the England football team do these days.
Because Kane is the penalty taker and may have needed to practise in a shoot out later on, unless Stones was one of the first five takers then why should he take one, might as well offered it one of the " five" designated takes

Might as well say Ronaldo is in same bracket as he has scored 144 penalties in his career

Because Kane is the penalty taker and may have needed to practise in a shoot out later on, unless Stones was one of the first five takers then why should he take one, might as well offered it one of the " five" designated takes

Might as well say Ronaldo is in same bracket as he has scored 144 penalties in his career
It’s one penalty! He’d already taken one earlier in the game. If he needs to practice taking penalties then should he be our penalty taker.

What Ronaldo has to do with Kane being selfish and not allowing Stones to take the penalty to get a hat trick?

Wow, some joyless opinions on here. This is a bunch of players who actually seem to care about playing for their country yet still get no credit.

Considering how badly our club has performed in recent seasons, watching England has become a welcome change for me. Loads of exciting talent coming through, nurtured by a top coach who has led us to two semis and a final so far.

As for Kane, 50 goals for his country (so far) yet panned. Ridiculous. I look forward to his retirement and people crying once they realise that his successor is nowhere near as good and resort to tedious nostalgia.

Wow, some joyless opinions on here. This is a bunch of players who actually seem to care about playing for their country yet still get no credit.

Considering how badly our club has performed in recent seasons, watching England has become a welcome change for me. Loads of exciting talent coming through, nurtured by a top coach who has led us to two semis and a final so far.

As for Kane, 50 goals for his country (so far) yet panned. Ridiculous. I look forward to his retirement and people crying once they realise that his successor is nowhere near as good and resort to tedious nostalgia.
One thing is for certain, Pep Guardiola was busting his buns to take Harry to Man City, and, but for the intransience of the Spurs Chairman, that move would have happened. But there you go, what does Guardiola know about quality players.

One thing is for certain, Pep Guardiola was busting his buns to take Harry to Man City, and, but for the intransience of the Spurs Chairman, that move would have happened. But there you go, what does Guardiola know about quality players.
At no point have I said Kane is not a quality player!

Just because he is English and plays for England doesn’t mean I have to shove my head up his arse. I’m entitled to an opinion and for me, he is not a good captain and was selfish in that game against Panama. And he is someone I can’t connect with like I did previous England strikers.

Records in a lot of sports are easier to break these days, the amount of international games have increased. And when you play clubs like San Marino it’s easier to boost that tally. Not taking it away from his achievement because anyone that scores 50 goals for their country is impressive. Penalties or no penalties.

I just don’t see why you would have an exhibit for a player who is still playing and other than the golden boot and an MBE has zero medals or trophies.

Just a strange one.

At no point have I said Kane is not a quality player!

Just because he is English and plays for England doesn’t mean I have to shove my head up his arse. I’m entitled to an opinion and for me, he is not a good captain and was selfish in that game against Panama. And he is someone I can’t connect with like I did previous England strikers.

Records in a lot of sports are easier to break these days, the amount of international games have increased. And when you play clubs like San Marino it’s easier to boost that tally. Not taking it away from his achievement because anyone that scores 50 goals for their country is impressive. Penalties or no penalties.

I just don’t see why you would have an exhibit for a player who is still playing and other than the golden boot and an MBE has zero medals or trophies.

Just a strange one.
Blimey @Ricey, that wasn't a swipe at you. It was just a general opinion of the guy. As for heads up arses you have just triggered one of my most funny film scene memories from Hancock. And gratuitously I now feel the need to go off topic and share it.

Blimey @Ricey, that wasn't a swipe at you. It was just a general opinion of the guy. As for heads up arses you have just triggered one of my most funny film scene memories from Hancock. And gratuitously I now feel the need to go off topic and share it.

Love that film!

As a former pink shirt tour guide and then Visitor Experience Manager at the Museum of London, I'm going to jump to its defence here.

Why would they do an "exhibition" on him?

Firstly it's not an exhibition, at least not in the same way as the Crime/Black Museum paid exhibition was a few years back, for anyone who attended it. This is a display and is situated (I imagine) in the space at the beginning of the galleries. Like the museum in general, it is free admission so I'm not sure why anybody would complain about the subject matter anyway, it's not like anybody is having to drop money to see it.

Secondly, the Museum of London is about....London. Its past, its present, its future, its people. They wouldn't have put the display on if they hadn't received positive feedback and interest from its surveys and focus groups. Harry Kane is a famous and successful Londoner whose story resonates with a lot of people, even if it doesn't with you. Children, adults, elderly, male, female or otherwise. A broad target auduence means more people in through the door and a good way to garner some interest before the museum closes later this year to begin its slow phased move to the old Smithfield Market building.

Nah, you're alright, thanks. Nothing to do with Chelsea bias, after all, they have had no English CF to threaten the national side except Tammy Abraham, and he's nowhere near that level.

Kane may be a good finisher but he's no Shearer, no Lineker, no Rooney, no Charlton yet seems on course to become our highest scorer.

I find the lack of patriotism on this thread surprising. Or you all secretly Scottish or something?

At just 28 years old World Cup golden boot winner Harry Kane is already England’s second all-time record goalscorer. He’ll likely have the record by the end of the year.

But individual records aside he’s England’s most successful living captain having captained England to the World Cup semi-finals and European Championship finals.

That’s a career worth celebrating and with a World Cup this year hopefully there’s a lot more success in an England shirt to come.

So your patrialism is just foorball? I seem to remember you having a dig on the Queens Jubilee thread.. For me, that wasn't very Patriotic from you.

The likes of #Ricey has a right to disagree, he's served his Country.

You know nothing about patriotism, don't preach to others.

Last edited:
OBL.....So in your opinion who is the better striker.....

Romelu Lukaku or Harry Kane? (and I am being totally serious)​

Why are you picking on me?

Lukaku has never performed well in the Prem. Kane performs better in the Prem.

Back