• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Hayemaker's 1st defence...

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
...Of his WBA Heavyweight Title will finally happen over Easter Weekend at the MEN Arena in Manchester on April 3rd

Right hand healed, highly charged and ready for action, David "The Hayemaker" Haye will be full of confidence going into his next fight. Just the thought of a super-fight against one of the Klitchko brothers is big enough, but with the bad blood between the 3 of them, it's guarenteed to be explosive.

HOWEVER,

Haye needs to put these dreams on hold for the time being, as his next fight has been set against Quiet Man John Ruiz, the 38 year old mandatory challenger for the belt. He will be a massive underdog against the Bermondsey Bomber, but never-the-less will look to shock the world by ending Haye's run as World Champ. The big points will factor around Ruiz's stamina. His last fight, which incidentally was part of the undercard for Haye VS Valuev, lumbered to a 7th round TKO, but many pundits and experts claimed, on that performance, The Hayemaker will obliterate the lumbering Yank. He looked drained and seemingly lifeless by the 3rd round, and was lucky to be up against an opponent who wasn't able/willing to exploit this. Inevitability Haye's lightning speed and impressive stamina will be too much for Ruiz i feel.

I can only see one outcome in this fight, and that's the Hayemaker crushing the American with a devastating KO in the middle rounds.

...Of his WBA Heavyweight Title will finally happen over Easter Weekend at the MEN Arena in Manchester on April 3rd

Right hand healed, highly charged and ready for action, David "The Hayemaker" Haye will be full of confidence going into his next fight. Just the thought of a super-fight against one of the Klitchko brothers is big enough, but with the bad blood between the 3 of them, it's guarenteed to be explosive.

HOWEVER,

Haye needs to put these dreams on hold for the time being, as his next fight has been set against Quiet Man John Ruiz, the 38 year old mandatory challenger for the belt. He will be a massive underdog against the Bermondsey Bomber, but never-the-less will look to shock the world by ending Haye's run as World Champ. The big points will factor around Ruiz's stamina. His last fight, which incidentally was part of the undercard for Haye VS Valuev, lumbered to a 7th round TKO, but many pundits and experts claimed, on that performance, The Hayemaker will obliterate the lumbering Yank. He looked drained and seemingly lifeless by the 3rd round, and was lucky to be up against an opponent who wasn't able/willing to exploit this. Inevitability Haye's lightning speed and impressive stamina will be too much for Ruiz i feel.

I can only see one outcome in this fight, and that's the Hayemaker crushing the American with a devastating KO in the middle rounds.

I have been a fan of the Hayemaker for some time now, I am chuffed that he is getting the limelight/big time now, hope he isnt distracted by a potential superfight and concentrates on the task at hand

A contender that typifies what the Heavy Weight division has become under the Klitschko brothers: Lumbering, hefty and sluggish with little boxing ability. I don't want to sound like this is an easy fight, because no fight in boxing is ever easy, but Haye probably couldn't have asked for a better contender.

Providing Haye's hand has set and he has no problems with it, I predict a 6th round KO for Haye.

A contender that typifies what the Heavy Weight division has become under the Klitschko brothers: Lumbering, hefty and sluggish with little boxing ability. I don't want to sound like this is an easy fight, because no fight in boxing is ever easy, but Haye probably couldn't have asked for a better contender.

Providing Haye's hand has set and he has no problems with it, I predict a 6th round KO for Haye.

My exact thoughts. No fight is ever that simply cut and dry, but i just cannot see anything other than Haye dismantling him.

Big KO from Haye i reckon. I'd say as early as the 4th round, with the latest of it being 7th. Can't see any longer than that

I have been a fan of the Hayemaker for some time now, I am chuffed that he is getting the limelight/big time now, hope he isnt distracted by a potential superfight and concentrates on the task at hand

I reckon it would be impossible to clear your mind of it completely, but there's no doubt in my mind, Haye will do (more than) enough to see off Ruiz

I agree with all the above.

The most interesting aspect of this fight is how Haye's power transfers to heavyweight. He's only had one KO at the weight (although he had Monte Barrett down loads of time in that one fight), but I don't see it being a big issue.

Would be great to see a truly dominant performance.

Yorkshire Blue said:
I agree with all the above.

The most interesting aspect of this fight is how Haye's power transfers to heavyweight. He's only had one KO at the weight (although he had Monte Barrett down loads of time in that one fight), but I don't see it being a big issue.

Would be great to see a truly dominant performance.
He's only had 2 fights at Heavyweight hasn't he? And he rocked Valuev in the last round of that fight, which nobody else has managed to do. I think his power has tranferred pretty well.

He's only had 2 fights at Heavyweight hasn't he? And he rocked Valuev in the last round of that fight, which nobody else has managed to do. I think his power has tranferred pretty well.

Yeah, I think they are his only two so far. I don't think it will be a problem, but I wouldn't say its been proved conclusively yet. If he fails to fall Ruiz, I think a few questions will be asked.

He's only had 2 fights at Heavyweight hasn't he?

Yeah, I think they are his only two so far.

Yup both right. 2 fights at Heavyweight level Monte Barrett, of which i was present, and the most recent one against Valuev.

Haye has always been a big puncher, even at Cruiserweight level he was regarded as one of the most powerfull, hence why i don't think it's made that much of a difference after his step-up. His record is a pretty impressive 23 wins with 21 KO's. As BB eluded to, if he can rattle a man who stands at 7ft, weighing 22 stone with a skull that is roughly an inch thick, then i reckon it's fair to say he has a lot of power in him. Just ask Monte Barrett, who was on the canvas 5 times before the ref waved it off.

Haye will look good against Ruiz who is to slow and one dimesional to bother Haye , I can see an early finish also ...im going for Round 3 .

Gotta say that I feel Haye can dominate this division withh who is in it at the moment , obviously Klitscho will be the hardest opponent who has a powerfull jab and right cross but IMO Haye has to many variety of punches and speed to get caught by Klitscho .

Best thing to happen to Haye was his defeat to Carl Thompson , knocked him down a peg or two and also he realised that day that he had to train hard and mentally prepare himself for every fight ...must say he has done just that from that day onward and maybe just needs to work a bit more on his Stamina , but that will come .

Who is the resident betting odds correspondant on here? Am i right in thinking Uxbridge? Anyway, would be nice, and much appreciated if someone could stick the odds for this fight on here. i.e. Haye to win in round X and the (T)KO prices in what rounds etc. Still nothing available on Coral/Lads yet.

Back