• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Headache Virus

South Bucks Shrimper

Coach⭐⭐
I have been suffering with a headache, sort of round the back of my head, for over a week. Painkillers are not really helping.

I have now become aware of at least 6 people complaining of the same thing.

Is there a "Headache virus" doing the rounds?
Anyone on here suffering from it?

do the other sufferers live/work in the same place as you? if so, worth checking for carbon monoxide levels to be on the safe side.

do the other sufferers live/work in the same place as you? if so, worth checking for carbon monoxide levels to be on the safe side.

Good thought, but no - some of them I have only spoken to on the 'phone and live 50 miles away.

But thanks all for your kinds thoughts - at least I had a laugh!

And the headache has nearly gone (unfortunately I went to the match this afternoon so that did not help :thumbdown:).

Good thought, but no - some of them I have only spoken to on the 'phone and live 50 miles away.

But thanks all for your kinds thoughts - at least I had a laugh!

And the headache has nearly gone (unfortunately I went to the match this afternoon so that did not help :thumbdown:).

I have had quite severe headaches on and off for the last 6 months or so. Not as bad as what I am told migraines are like, but bad enough for painkillers not to work.

As I work in I.T support and spend most of my time staring at a screen, I thought maybe my eyes needed testing, but working out when these headaches came, nearly all of them were when I hadn't been at work. The only other option I can think of is withdrawl symptoms from coffee and/or caffeine. I drink quite a bit at work but never at home. The problem with that theory is I drink copious about of Coke and Pepsi at home which are laden with Caffeine. So I am no nearer working out what causes them!!

I have had quite severe headaches on and off for the last 6 months or so. Not as bad as what I am told migraines are like, but bad enough for painkillers not to work.

As I work in I.T support and spend most of my time staring at a screen, I thought maybe my eyes needed testing, but working out when these headaches came, nearly all of them were when I hadn't been at work. The only other option I can think of is withdrawl symptoms from coffee and/or caffeine. I drink quite a bit at work but never at home. The problem with that theory is I drink copious about of Coke and Pepsi at home which are laden with Caffeine. So I am no nearer working out what causes them!!

Your meant to have a 15 minute break every hour when using a computer. Since I started dealing with computers about 6-7 years ago, i've needed glasses due to computers.

Stress also leads to headaches as well. I get them quite often and I think it's due to using computers all the time and my work can be very stressful at times.

Back