• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I see that the Welsh FA have decided that spectators are not allowed to be inside stadiums.

I'm sure the the English FA will follow suit in the coming days or weeks.

Where do we think that will leave us?

It was different before as we had the access to matches. That isn't the case in the national league.

I have a feeling that Bromley or Barnet games will be the last game for fans for a little while.

Hope I am wrong.

I see that the Welsh FA have decided that spectators are not allowed to be inside stadiums.

I'm sure the the English FA will follow suit in the coming days or weeks.

Where do we think that will leave us?

It was different before as we had the access to matches. That isn't the case in the national league.

I have a feeling that Bromley or Barnet games will be the last game for fans for a little while.

Hope I am wrong.
Makes no sense. Keep pubs open that are indoor but shut outdoor stadiums. Amazing

Only a matter of time before some sort of restrictions are imposed upon us again unfortunately. Probably shortly after Xmas. Perhaps along the lines of the original Tier 2 restrictions with crowds of no more than 2,000 at RH, rule of 6 outdoors and pubs only open if they serve a pint with a scotch egg etc.

I saw that. I wonder if that applies to the clubs that come under the Welsh FA or the clubs based in wales (Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham)

Only a matter of time before some sort of restrictions are imposed upon us again unfortunately. Probably shortly after Xmas. Perhaps along the lines of the original Tier 2 restrictions with crowds of no more than 2,000 at RH, rule of 6 outdoors and pubs only open if they serve a pint with a scotch egg etc.
I have no wish to be racist, but I really can't stand Scotch eggs. I certainly wouldn't be able to force one down every time I wanted a pint.

I think they are going to let it rip through and not shut anything. If it all goes wrong they'll blame boris, hes on his way out anyway.

I saw that. I wonder if that applies to the clubs that come under the Welsh FA or the clubs based in wales (Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham)
From what I've seen, applies to ANY sport in Wales, regardless of jurisdiction.

Cardiff's game is already off due to covid anyways, and think I saw Swans and Wrexham home games would be behind closed doors - regardless of english FA ruling at the mo.

I've read some reports that the R number is well over 3 now. I think it might be safe to say we've lost the battle on this out break. Anything that happens now is just closing the gate after the horses have bolted

I think it will happen but my concern is that the club will lose further revenue as they will be unable to stream any games like the EFL clubs can.

It'll come in just in time to rob us from our much-needed income from the Barnet/Bromley festive games.

I know we're the architects of our own downfall, but luck hasn't exactly been on our side.

I think it will happen but my concern is that the club will lose further revenue as they will be unable to stream any games like the EFL clubs can.
Sorry if I’m missing something, but National League clubs were able to stream their games when in lockdown last season, as broadcasting rights were relaxed.

The only issue was with having to provide your own platform for streaming, like the one we had to use when we played Boreham Wood in the cup the other year.

I'm not sure that Boris is going to do anything like they have in Wales and Scotland... it's already everywhere and doubling every two days... by the time he makes a decision most people will have had it, isolated and recovered. They won't be getting it again for a bit.

I don't think they'll do anything unless hospitalisations of vaccinated people starts to spike. According to a family friend who works in an ICU, pretty much only the unvaccinated people are in there and it's highly unlikely that they will get discharged.

I think the vaccine is massively doing it's job.

Cases seem to have hopefully stopped increasing massively, but more importantly, hospital admissions and ICU bed occupancy is remaining flat.

Fingers crossed, in a week or two's time they all realise that South African doctors were correct, and this is a much milder strain and the over-reaction would have ended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back