• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
I have to wear a facemask to go to Espanyol's home games.There's also a 75% maximum of capacity limit on attendances.I don't see the problem really.Not if it's going to help against the spread of this highly infectious new covid variant.I remember asking a steward at Roots Hall whether I needed to wear a facemask before I got to my seat (it's part of the recommended club guidelines).He told me it wasn't necessary.

Probably impossible to quantify. No measure is 100% effective (masks, vaccine, ventilation etc) but they probably all incrementally reduce risk

Wales and Scotland have higher infection rates than England despite stricter restrictions.

In general, there is little correlation between harshness of restrictions and case numbers/deaths etc. Many measures such as curfews and vaccine passports have been proven to be completely useless - some have even been counter-productive.

I have to wear a facemask to go to Espanyol's home games.There's also a 75% maximum of capacity limit on attendances.I don't see the problem really.Not if it's going to help against the spread of this highly infectious new covid variant.I remember asking a steward at Roots Hall whether I needed to wear a facemask before I got to my seat (it's part of the recommended club guidelines).He told me it wasn't necessary.

Do you wear a face mask? You've not mentioned it before.

To get it back on topic, it doesn't look like we'll be following Scotland or Wales with their rules surrounding football. I'm sure we probably would have followed them had it not been for the fact that Boris has zero credibility left. He knew full well no one would listen to a word he says, especially after yet another party has come to light.

It's not the whole Partygate thing that gets me, guests were told to bring a bottle..... Tight arse gits hahahaha

Easy on now, I wear one too, like many others.
But how many are wearing them because they think it's the right thingto do or just because it's the current guidance?

Many have followed the guidance the whole way through, but then it's now turning out those who implemented it and petrified an entire nation (me included at the beginning) didn't even follow it themselves.

Last edited:
But how many are wearing them because they think it's the right to do or just because it's the current guidance?

Many have followed the guidance the whole way through, but then it's now turning out those who implemented it and petrified an entire nation (me included at the beginning) didn't even follow it themselves.

Not going there, sorry.

Wales and Scotland have higher infection rates than England despite stricter restrictions.

In general, there is little correlation between harshness of restrictions and case numbers/deaths etc. Many measures such as curfews and vaccine passports have been proven to be completely useless - some have even been counter-productive.
It's not just what measures are in place, are the measures being followed/enforced. You only have to get on a train or goto the shops/cinema to see they are not.

China pretty effectively controlled their first couple of waves because the restrictions were followed.

The Sweaties are stopping their restrictions on outdoor public events in a few days. The wee crankie woman has in effect lost her gamble compared to when she criticised the England slacker approach over the new year and omnicrom spread.
I now know several people who have had covid recently, and at current time, and all have described having had worse colds. All are jabbed etc.
I believe the message from BJ and co will soon be "get on with it, learn to live with it" or similar.
Lessons have been learnt on treatment, and especially care of vulnerable, AND they will need remembering.

So your decision relied on the advice of stranger in hi vis rather than your common sense.

Tangled you love a film so I recommend Compliance. Very apt at the moment. Its true story but don't spoil the film by googling it first

So your decision relied on the advice of stranger in hi vis rather than your common sense.

Tangled you love a film so I recommend Compliance. Very apt at the moment. Its true story but don't spoil the film by googling it first
Fact of life, the vast majority of home fans going to Roots Hall do not wear a mask, either on the way to their seats nor when moving around at half time and at the end of the game. Me and Mrs RHB wear masks to the game because we think it makes sense to do so. We also wear them when we leave the stadium. I've yet to master the art of wearing one during the game that doesn't fog up my specs. Some may think that is a stupid approach, me, I think it is a sensible one.

Fact of life, the vast majority of home fans going to Roots Hall do not wear a mask, either on the way to their seats nor when moving around at half time and at the end of the game. Me and Mrs RHB wear masks to the game because we think it makes sense to do so. We also wear them when we leave the stadium. I've yet to master the art of wearing one during the game that doesn't fog up my specs. Some may think that is a stupid approach, me, I think it is a sensible one.

That is exactly my point. I bet you and Mrs RHB don't ask the stewards, you make your own choice in life......

I'm not sure wether to have 2 or 3 pints before tonights game. I am of course worried that if everyone else doesn't have two pints and a booster pint then the alcohol wont work on me.

That is exactly my point. I bet you and Mrs RHB don't ask the stewards, you make your own choice in life......

I'm not sure wether to have 2 or 3 pints before tonights game. I am of course worried that if everyone else doesn't have two pints and a booster pint then the alcohol wont work on me.

I would have worn a mask if the steward had told me it was required (as per the official guidance).

I take your point about the booze though.That was the reason I gave my wife for not wearing a mask at the Cliffs,once we'd got to our seats,(she was wearing one throughout) for the Pub Landlord show.The bloke next to me was well loaded. I was sober (for a change). :Winking:

Last edited:

Couldn't resist a peek on Wiki.Doesn't sound like my type of film at all.

Something tells me, the UK are on the right side of coming out of this pandemic (no new variant permitting) which the rest of the World will be looking at.

China are still shutting down (on mass) big Cities, which is the only worry (maybe they know something we don't and they're not sharing).

Something tells me, the UK are on the right side of coming out of this pandemic (no new variant permitting) which the rest of the World will be looking at.

China are still shutting down (on mass) big Cities, which is the only worry (maybe they know something we don't and they're not sharing).
It's always been part of their zero tolerance stategy (towards covid).

Winter Olympics in Beijing, starts in a couple of weeks. Novax Djokovic was favourite for the Ice Tennis but his visa has been cancelled.

Last edited:
Novak's Tennis Balls.
Please call me a suspicious person but..
Did Novak really have Covid? Could he not get a positive report, at the right date, in Serbia money buys all and he is a national hero, so he might not have anything wrong or covid at all, have a few weeks private training and then toddlers off down under and claim he is GOOD and safe?
The bloke is a smart arse so why wouldn't he, for sure he would laugh.

An independent test on him now for anti bodies might be interesting?

Back