• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Alot of people are still terrified of the rona and will take quite some time to get back to normality. I suppose saying thus might put them at ease. The sooner they realise it's an airborne virus and theres nothing you can do to stop it and get on with their lives, the better!

Wish they would make up their minds on these face masks etc I;m in two minds whether to go all out and purcahse a couple of re-usable face masks rather than the "disposable" face masks that I use which to be honest i probably use for about a week. In my defence even after a week they look brand new and unused still

Wish they would make up their minds on these face masks etc I;m in two minds whether to go all out and purcahse a couple of re-usable face masks rather than the "disposable" face masks that I use which to be honest i probably use for about a week. In my defence even after a week they look brand new and unused still
Wouldn't wear the disposable ones for too long. Someone I know reused them too much and got bacterial pneumonia as a result!

Clearly Boris is doing this to boost his popularity but it's good news nonetheless. Hopefully it's for good this time and maybe the UK can lead the world when it comes to moving on and 'living with' COVID without awful things like masks and vaccine passports. The doom-mongers who don't want this to end will say it's too soon as usual, but with an estimated 97.5% of the adult population in England having antibodies now, it really is time to move on.

They are just advising it because if they didn't, that would be admitting masks are useless and they're too deep in it now to do that. People can make up their own minds. I think masks have just become a comfort blanket for a lot of people.

The reusable, cloth ones are the most useless of the lot as the gaps in them are too big to stop COVID particles.

So it will be down to the common sense of those that wear them and those that don't. Me? I use disposable masks with filters that last for 5 uses, and I will continue to wear one in shops and crowded places. I've reached the stage in this now that I can't be arsed with debating the merits or otherwise of them. I've read the medical advice and that will do for me.

So the wearing of face masks will no longer be mandatory but the public are advised to still wear them in crowded places.

Rearrange this well known saying 'LUNATICS THE ASYLUM OVER TAKEN HAVE THE'.

Agreed. I'll still be wearing one until I'm completely satisfied we're out of this Covid mess.

Agreed. I'll still be wearing one until I'm completely satisfied we're out of this Covid mess.
I agree, I think for the time being, I feel a little bit better when in shops but I only ever go to a food shop once a week and that's about it so doesn't make much of a impact on me. Whether it makes a difference, who knows but it makes me a bit more comfortable.

To my knowledge, I've never caught it and I'm pretty much the only person I know who hasn't. I do work from home and don't get out much during the week so I'm not as likely to catch it. Would love to know whether I have ever had it before, if I had it would of been more than likely in the early days but if I did then I was lucky enough not to be ill.

To be fair I don't know you haha. I don't think I have but there's no real way throughout the past two years to really know unless you have that antibody test that they were doing at one point.

I did get swine flu many years ago, I felt really poorly with that, it was worse than the common flu.

I live in East London, where only 60% have even had one jab. It's pretty shocking how many people have turned down or not bothered with injections, and sadly this is reflected in the huge number of Covid casualties and cases across the capital.

I've had all three jabs but don't feel safe yet, especially on public transport. It's very depressing when you have to question whether it's a good idea to travel to RH, or anywhere really, especially as I'm very much in the minority when it comes to wearing masks.

It also doesn't help when your partner is a virologist who has predicted pretty much everything in terms of the spread of Covid so far. She called it back in January 2020 but very few people took it seriously, which is why the UK suffered so badly in the first place. The fact that she's still not convinced that everything is changing for the better means we are both remaining cautious for the time being.

I live in East London, where only 60% have even had one jab. It's pretty shocking how many people have turned down or not bothered with injections, and sadly this is reflected in the huge number of Covid casualties and cases across the capital.

I've had all three jabs but don't feel safe yet, especially on public transport. It's very depressing when you have to question whether it's a good idea to travel to RH, or anywhere really, especially as I'm very much in the minority when it comes to wearing masks.

It also doesn't help when your partner is a virologist who has predicted pretty much everything in terms of the spread of Covid so far. She called it back in January 2020 but very few people took it seriously, which is why the UK suffered so badly in the first place. The fact that she's still not convinced that everything is changing for the better means we are both remaining cautious for the time being.

A very sensible and reasoned post.

Do I think this thing has or is going away, I just don't know. Will I still try and protect myself and others, by wearing a mask, yes.

Put the Partygate to one side, I'm not quite sure what else the Gov can do other than tell people to be responsible.

I've tried really hard to catch it but just like everyone else I know who hasn't had a single jab, just had no luck. Nights in pubs, live bands, football and crowded trains. All without a mask, yet others around me have "long covid".....The more jabs they have the longer it gets.

I should probably test regularly as that seems to work. Although I would rather have the real thing as a false positive gives no natural immunity.

I've tried really hard to catch it but just like everyone else I know who hasn't had a single jab, just had no luck. Nights in pubs, live bands, football and crowded trains. All without a mask, yet others around me have "long covid".....The more jabs they have the longer it gets.

I should probably test regularly as that seems to work. Although I would rather have the real thing as a false positive gives no natural immunity.

We should organise a sneezing and coughing party for you ;)

Come and work with me for a day or two - I can introduce you to many who currently have it and myself I am trying to avoid as I have a much needed holiday pending which requires a PCR before i can get in the country.
I am more concerned on the long term effect of having to stick those long cotton buds down my throat weekly and up my nose daily

You, me?
We might just be lucky, we might have had it and not known.
Many a winter I went without flu, manflu,or a sniff while all around me seemed to be full of snot and muck.
Why, how?

Back