• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Son has just tested positive. He is 17. Has a headache. We also know 2 other families whose teenagers have tested positive today in wickford- no contact with them though so not related.

Thanks @Tinks. I'm classified as immunosuppressed according to my surgery and the NHS and they were threatening me with another jab way back in January but nothing has come of it. Thankfully I'm not in the over 75 gang just yet, so I'm happy not to be stabbed again. Our Pfizer booster made the pair of us feel rubbish for some months afterwards, whereas the Astra Zenica jabs had no side effects at all. Just weird.
I’ve just seen your post and I had the same combination as you. I also had no side effects from the AZ jabs but had weeks of a mild flu feeling after the Pfizer booster. Can’t say I’m too keen on a repeat of that.

Last edited:
I’ve just seen your post and I had the same combination as you. I also had no side effects from the AZ jabs but had weeks of a mild flu feeling after the Pfizer booster. Can’t say I’m too keen on a repeat of that.
And that is where the balancing act comes in. Given the rising infection rate you have to wonder if, at some point, there will be a further mutation of the virus which might not be as benign as omicron is supposed to be. Do we then get an increased level of seriously ill folk amongst the mature generation? Because of that, if offered, I will take another jab to be on the safe side.

Does anyone know what a digital Passport is? I just got a text from the NHS saying I'm eligable for it and could get a fine if I don't apply.... What the **** is this!!!

Does anyone know what a digital Passport is? I just got a text from the NHS saying I'm eligable for it and could get a fine if I don't apply.... What the **** is this!!!
Scam text mate I'd delete and block! No such thing in the UK

The missus tested positive on Thursday. She had a bad cough, headache and was very lethargic. She’s getting better every day, but still testing positive.

I thought I’d avoided it tbh, but it finally caught up with me this evening. Symptoms are pretty mild so far, just a bit of a scratchy throat.

The frustratingly ironic thing is, I’ve worked perfectly safe in Basildon hospital for a year and a half, actually handling Covid samples… but the thing that’s brought me down is one of her shopping trips to Bluewater ?‍♂️

The missus tested positive on Thursday. She had a bad cough, headache and was very lethargic. She’s getting better every day, but still testing positive.

I thought I’d avoided it tbh, but it finally caught up with me this evening. Symptoms are pretty mild so far, just a bit of a scratchy throat.

The frustratingly ironic thing is, I’ve worked perfectly safe in Basildon hospital for a year and a half, actually handling Covid samples… but the thing that’s brought me down is one of her shopping trips to Bluewater ?‍♂️
Moral of that story is never, ever go to Bluewater under any circumstances again. @GBJ ok.

Moral of that story is never, ever go to Bluewater under any circumstances again. @GBJ ok.

Oh you’ve misunderstood, I didn’t go to Bluewater. She did. I was at the Altrincham game.

On the plus side, I now have scientific proof that going shopping on a Saturday afternoon is far worse for your health than a trip to The Hall.

Oh you’ve misunderstood, I didn’t go to Bluewater. She did. I was at the Altrincham game.

On the plus side, I now have scientific proof that going shopping on a Saturday afternoon is far worse for your health than a trip to The Hall.
Ah, now I undrstand, but that's even worse mate. Just don't let her go there any more. No good ever comes out of it.

Figures out that give 1 in 13 has Covid in UK this week, up from last week which was also high.
My rough maths make it that since the turn of the year 8 in 10 folks have either had covid unless a big number have had it twice in 3 months?

Something seems wrong with the sums? Or given out figures?

Figures out that give 1 in 13 has Covid in UK this week, up from last week which was also high.
My rough maths make it that since the turn of the year 8 in 10 folks have either had covid unless a big number have had it twice in 3 months?

Indeed something doesn't add up.

Given that all the recent covid infections are estimations it's an extrapolated guess rather than actual figures.

Not helpful in any way

Daily Mail are reporting 74 people in Britain have had Covid 4 times. 9,000 people have had Covid 3 times. And 800k people twice.

Daily Mail are reporting 74 people in Britain have had Covid 4 times. 9,000 people have had Covid 3 times. And 800k people twice.
And all those figures are the "known" numbers, how many don't have major symptoms, don't test, don't report positive results, don't know they have ever had it etc.
With the repeat infected people is it same strain, or always with a new mutation strain?

Looking at the Gov Covid dashboard - 500k positive cases over past 7 days - <1% - nowhere near 1:13.

Son has just tested positive. He is 17. Has a headache. We also know 2 other families whose teenagers have tested positive today in wickford- no contact with them though so not related.
My son tested negative yesterday after his positive test last Sat - took 8 days for a negative test.

And after feeling crappy last night and still when I've woken up this morning I've tested positive. Not sure if I caught it from my son, once he tested positive we isolated him in his room so very little contact for over a week, or from a wedding I attended last Friday - 9 days ago. Or somewhere else - but haven't really been anywhere this week.

My son tested negative yesterday after his positive test last Sat - took 8 days for a negative test.

And after feeling crappy last night and still when I've woken up this morning I've tested positive. Not sure if I caught it from my son, once he tested positive we isolated him in his room so very little contact for over a week, or from a wedding I attended last Friday - 9 days ago. Or somewhere else - but haven't really been anywhere this week.
With the number of apparent infections in the UK now being at an all time high you really could have caught it from anywhere unfortunately.

In China they have brought in new, stricter quarantine measures in Shanghai, I wonder, have they got a NEW and stronger strain of covid there?
There must be more to the story than the brief headlines as the rules are incredibly strict?

Back