• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
And then you have HK. We are still living in cloud cuckoo land. Enforced hotel quarantine may be down to ‘only’ 7 days but yesterday a new announcement that a negative LFT is required to enter bars. Apparently a photograph of one with your name and a date is sufficient ha ha. And then there’s China.

USA no longer insist anyone going there has to have an antigen negative test within 24hrs of their flight ( this kicked in 3 days ago, my last one 6 weeks ago cost £43! ).
But you still have to show proof at Heathrow that you've had the 2 Covid jabs, they aren't interested if you've had a booster or not.
This will be reviewed in 3 months time, just after my next trip there!.
Had a mate who went to see his son in LA just before visiting us here in May and he had to show proof of his covid jabs at Heathrow too.

Last edited:
I don’t believe that Western governments will do anything again to tackle Covid that will cause such economic and other carnage (yes there are other reasons). There may well be an upsurge in cases but I can’t see much of a response except maybe an increased booster drive.

I note that Morrisons In Hadleigh have removed the hand sanitizers at the entrance. That sums up where we are to me.

I don’t believe that Western governments will do anything again to tackle Covid that will cause such economic and other carnage (yes there are other reasons). There may well be an upsurge in cases but I can’t see much of a response except maybe an increased booster drive.

I note that Morrisons In Hadleigh have removed the hand sanitizers at the entrance. That sums up where we are to me.
Sainsbury at the Weir has removed the sanitizers too, and the notices. I still wear mask and carry my own hand gel. Several staff wear masks.
Each to his, or her own and move on.

I have just returned from a lovely cruise round the Med with P&O Cruises.
Fabulous time however, since leaving the ship on Sunday there has been numerous reports of people testing positive (including hubby - but so far not me).
All of the restrictions on the ships are now lifted and no masks, distancing etc in place

How do I go about putting a poll onto this thread?
Something simple along the lines of;
1. Not had the Rona.
2. Had it and it was flu , more or less.
3. Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Or more complicated if someone more poll savii wants to put some jab questions too.

1. Not had the Rona.

Or more complicated if someone more poll savii wants to put some jab questions too.

2 for me. Finally had it after our trip to Scotland - contracted either there or in London the day before we went. I reckon I had it for at least a couple of days while testing negative, as I had head cold like symptoms and felt a bit achy. Positive for 5 days and fine now, just an occasional cough. Kev came out with symptoms same time as me, but not so pronounced, tested negative for much longer, positive tests for 3 days and is fine now. We both only had a couple of days of feeling really rough.

1. Not had the Rona.

Not sure if you can add polls to existing threads but you could start a new thread with the question. Would be interesting to see the results although I don't know how many people are still following this forum.

Not sure if you can add polls to existing threads but you could start a new thread with the question. Would be interesting to see the results although I don't know how many people are still following this forum.
Yeah, a poll can be added mid thread. I'm out waiting for the boss at Morleys currently but I can add when I get home. Are those the options you want @Massimo Giovanni?

Yeah, a poll can be added mid thread. I'm out waiting for the boss at Morleys currently but I can add when I get home. Are those the options you want @Massimo Giovanni?
Yes, or something similar, the poll may give an interesting snapshot of how the covid has impacted on our small community on SZ.
I considered asking if persons also had first hand impact from contacts & mortality but thought that may be too contentious and raw.

Someone I know is having to face the fact that they're going to start to take immuno-supressant drugs soon. Scary times for them - despite having 3 vaccines they're going to have to shield 2+ years on from the start of this ****.

Interestingly I had an appointment with spirometry to test my asthma and like normal they take blood pressure and heart rate before. Apparently my heart rate was irregular and they asked if I have had the jab, which is yes. They then said oh this is happening sometimes with people who have had the jab, said they couldn't do the spirometry while my heart rate is like this and referred me to have tests on my heart. A bit concerning

Out of interest, was the ship near full or operating under a reduced capacity?
all of the ships in the P&O fleet are sailing at reduced capacity as they have quarantine decks still in place and by all accounts most of these cabins are full
I have just heard that masks have been re-introduced on the ships

Came across an odd one the other day; my future son-in-law was feeling a big icky on the Wednesday, bit of a sore throat - tested positive on the Thursday started feeling ok'ish on Monday so tested and came back negative. Did another Tuesday, negative again. Bit quick I thought or does this new variant being mentioned in the press recently not last so long ?

Came across an odd one the other day; my future son-in-law was feeling a big icky on the Wednesday, bit of a sore throat - tested positive on the Thursday started feeling ok'ish on Monday so tested and came back negative. Did another Tuesday, negative again. Bit quick I thought or does this new variant being mentioned in the press recently not last so long ?
The rule of thumb at the moment is 5 days - however, reading this I would suspect he was most likely positive before testing positive

The rule of thumb at the moment is 5 days - however, reading this I would suspect he was most likely positive before testing positive
I am sceptical on the basic tests, and have been for a long time. IMO they are a basic guide tool and a negative result is not an "all clear".
I am convinced my wife had it 2 years ago despite many negative tests.

I am sceptical on the basic tests, and have been for a long time. IMO they are a basic guide tool and a negative result is not an "all clear".
I am convinced my wife had it 2 years ago despite many negative tests.
I totally agree as some of my colleagues and people I know tested negative on LFT and yet had symptoms. A couple of people I know went on and completed a PCR which was positive

Back