• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Depressing seeing healthcare facilities bringing back masks just a couple of weeks after dropping guidance. It's like as soon as cases go up again, they think "what can we do?" and masks are just an easy way of being seen to be doing something. Even my local vets is asking customers to wear them again due to staff absences. It's pretty clear by now they make no difference.

A week on the Costa Del Crime and I've finally had my collar felt by the Covid plods. And yes I feel absolutely c**p
Hope you recover soon mate. Just goes to show that the little rascal is still with us and thriving sadly. And the hospital has just reintroduced masks throughout it estate buildings.

Hope you recover soon mate. Just goes to show that the little rascal is still with us and thriving sadly. And the hospital has just reintroduced masks throughout it estate buildings.
Cheers mate. I will never say it's just a bad cold again. Three out of the six of us are positive.

Have had it a couple of times now, once before the official outbreak, and again at the end of march. Had all three jabs. Myself, my good lady and a friend (a few hundred miles away, so no direct contact) all suffering with a strange vertigo (among a few other things) which apparently is now a recognised long covid symptom. Getting fed up with it now.

We travelled up to London today on the C2C line. There was a tannoy announcement asking passengers to wear masks on platforms and on trains for the entirety of the journey. Don't know whether that is a throw back or a new message.

We travelled up to London today on the C2C line. There was a tannoy announcement asking passengers to wear masks on platforms and on trains for the entirety of the journey. Don't know whether that is a throw back or a new message.

I would think that's a new message. I've noticed in the Women's Euro's, they're all wearing masks again.

It seems to me, the public aren't getting much information anymore, yet (from what I've read on here the last week), those in the know are masking up again.

I would think that's a new message. I've noticed in the Women's Euro's, they're all wearing masks again.

It seems to me, the public aren't getting much information anymore, yet (from what I've read on here the last week), those in the know are masking up again.
GP practices are putting out updates

"We are entering our next COVID-19 wave - Given the significant increases in cases we have received guidance from NHS England. We have also been advised to encourage staff, patients and visitors to wear a mask when they enter the surgery. This is too keep both us and you safe from this next wave. We appreciate your support in helping to control the spread of COVID-19"

GP practices are putting out updates

"We are entering our next COVID-19 wave - Given the significant increases in cases we have received guidance from NHS England. We have also been advised to encourage staff, patients and visitors to wear a mask when they enter the surgery. This is too keep both us and you safe from this next wave. We appreciate your support in helping to control the spread of COVID-19"
Our surgery has never relaxed the mask wearing routine. It has been compulsory since lockdown finished and still is.

Back