• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
No news on boosters either, they must have worn off with everyone by now. I'm not surprised if we're getting a new wave, it's being forgotten, new things take over the media and politics...... Is the Ukraine War still going on, you don't hear much about that now, and now we have the Westminster scandles :(

Our surgery has never relaxed the mask wearing routine. It has been compulsory since lockdown finished and still is.
I think that's the same at mine, but sending reminders is new. Still didn't mean everyone was complying when I visited mine this morning with my daughter.

It seems half of Leigh has gone down with it over the last week or so including me. 🤒
And a goodly number in Rayleigh including me last week. The Mrs joined in again this morning for the 2nd time in 4 months 😷

I'm up for my 4th injection tomorrow as I'm immunosuppressed so I've been advised.

And KwikFit have just messaged me advising masks are now compulsory when visiting their premises!

Last edited:
Just be aware that if you have your 4th tomorrow you will not be able to have your booster come autumn as you will require 6 months since last vaccination of 3 months at the discretion of the clinician administering
I've already had my two main jabs and a booster last November. The letter from NHS England rocked up after that lot and it seems I should have had a further main jab before a booster got anywhere near me. The letter told me to to speak to my surgery who would arrange for a further jab. Spoke to them and their response was ring 119. Did that and was told book a jab. So tomorrow I will have a meaningful discussion with the pharmacist before anything gets stuck in me!

Scary or what?. At this time of year with heating off, windows open etc, you'd expect new cases to be at a minimum?.
Guess these new strains are getting cunning with how they transmit?.
I had to pop into my local G.P's on Mon ( Highlands Surgery ) in Leigh, wasn't wearing a mask, nor were the receptionists, maybe that will change soon?.

Scary or what?. At this time of year with heating off, windows open etc, you'd expect new cases to be at a minimum?.
Guess these new strains are getting cunning with how they transmit?.
I had to pop into my local G.P's on Mon ( Highlands Surgery ) in Leigh, wasn't wearing a mask, nor were the receptionists, maybe that will change soon?.

That's my GP too, I haven't been in there for years apart from the Vaccine Centre that was over the road (Old Lloyds Bank)?

The GOV need to give us some updates with what's going on.

Most of the information on what is trending with covid is on open source material, freely accessible to any that want to know.
Many broadsheets have been covering the issues from different angles as well, especially at weekend editions.
The UK Guv have got other things as a priority now and that is despite and including the today figure of 200,000 vivid official death related statistics.

It's really hitting hospital staff now. On my 3rd round of covid despite vaccines.
This post confuses me so much and I've tried so hard to not bite to statements like this but the stupidity just astounds me! Vaccines DO NOT STOP YOU CATCHING SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They try to reduce the affects if you were to catch it. Unbelievable people still can't get that into their heads.

Back