• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
One of my granddaughters whose mother is Vietnamese had to have 4 jabs at once (the usual kids ones plus yellow fever and something I'd never heard of) Poor old girl.

Next round of jabs booked for 1st October. Flu and Covid. Excellent.
I've just returned from my local Pharmacy ( French's on A13 near Thames drive ), & asked about booking mine.
They said they were waiting for supplies, & planed to do the flu one at the end of this month, & the Covid one end Oct?.
I'm sure i was told recently ( & read? ) that they were being combined as one?.

Had our 4th jab at the chemist's yesterday.FWIW France's rollout of the covid vacinne (4th jab has been available since January) has been every bit as efficicient as that in the UK,imo.Incidentally ,the 4th jab won't be generally available in Spain for people of our age (ie ove 60s) úntil October.

Last edited:
I've just returned from my local Pharmacy ( French's on A13 near Thames drive ), & asked about booking mine.
They said they were waiting for supplies, & planed to do the flu one at the end of this month, & the Covid one end Oct?.
I'm sure i was told recently ( & read? ) that they were being combined as one?.
They certainly are in Spain (as was the case last year too).

Apparently not over here. Got my covid booster next Fri, & i will be notified when the flu vaccine supplies arrive within the next couple of weeks!.
COVID booster has started being delivered last week and some of the visits have been done
Flu vaccine are due for end September and I know they are being given together.

Watch programme about Dolly Parton, epic Wonder Woman in real life.

And major backer, financially and with public support of Modena vaccination development and roll out in US of A.

COVID booster has started being delivered last week and some of the visits have been done
Flu vaccine are due for end September and I know they are being given together.
That's interesting as my partner's got her Covid booster booked for 30th Sept, & her flu jab on the 15th Oct!
Both of these were booked after she had 2 texts from the NHS about them.

Out of the blue on Tuesday I started feeling a bit rough, couldn’t sleep at all that night and by Wednesday morning was in a bit of a state so phoned in sick. Same pattern Wednesday night so messaged my boss. He asked if I'd done a Covid test and I laughed a bit as I'm fully up to date with the jabs, never had any sign of Covid before and hadn't mixed with anyone the few days before.

I humoured him and found a test at home. Surprise surprise I've got Covid

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, absolutely knocked me sideways. Cold, cough, sore throat, achey joints, limbs and muscles. Banging head, hot and cold flushes at the flick of a switch, no energy, not being able to sleep and no appetite.

Finally got a full nights sleep last night and decided to walk around the block earlier for some fresh air but damn near killed me

Been a bit flippant about Covid in the past but wouldn't wish it on anyone

Back