• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Out of the blue on Tuesday I started feeling a bit rough, couldn’t sleep at all that night and by Wednesday morning was in a bit of a state so phoned in sick. Same pattern Wednesday night so messaged my boss. He asked if I'd done a Covid test and I laughed a bit as I'm fully up to date with the jabs, never had any sign of Covid before and hadn't mixed with anyone the few days before.

I humoured him and found a test at home. Surprise surprise I've got Covid

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, absolutely knocked me sideways. Cold, cough, sore throat, achey joints, limbs and muscles. Banging head, hot and cold flushes at the flick of a switch, no energy, not being able to sleep and no appetite.

Finally got a full nights sleep last night and decided to walk around the block earlier for some fresh air but damn near killed me

Been a bit flippant about Covid in the past but wouldn't wish it on anyone
Hope you're feeling better soon mate, don't rush it. Contrary to the views of some on here it's still a nasty git of a virus.

Out of the blue on Tuesday I started feeling a bit rough, couldn’t sleep at all that night and by Wednesday morning was in a bit of a state so phoned in sick. Same pattern Wednesday night so messaged my boss. He asked if I'd done a Covid test and I laughed a bit as I'm fully up to date with the jabs, never had any sign of Covid before and hadn't mixed with anyone the few days before.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, absolutely knocked me sideways. Cold, cough, sore throat, achey joints, limbs and muscles. Banging head, hot and cold flushes at the flick of a switch, no energy, not being able to sleep and no appetite.

Finally got a full nights sleep last night and decided to walk around the block earlier for some fresh air but damn near killed me

Imagine how you might have been had you not had the jabs

My taste/smell still goes a bit dodgy sometimes, I had COVID back in March only a short 4 day bout. This issue seems to be with me for the long term.

Sorry to hear this Phil. Having seen you Saturday, albeit briefly, i have to assume it was flying around at the football as I also came down with it badly on Tuesday. First time for me as well. No fun at all. Symptoms and feedback pretty much the same as yours.

Worst thing about it, I’d arranged for my work team to fly in to London for a few days as we don’t get together often. A couple were coming in from the US but most from across Europe, and two of them were hires I made remotely without even had the chance to meet face to face yet.

I was pretty excited about it but ended up running meetings on Zoom while they all were all together in London. Bloody frustrating!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this Phil. Having seen you Saturday, albeit briefly, i have to assume it was flying around at the football as I also came down with it badly on Tuesday. First time for me as well. No fun at all. Symptoms and feedback pretty much the same as yours.

Worst thing about it, I’d arranged for my work team to fly in to London for a few days as we don’t get together often. A couple were coming in from the US but most from across Europe, and two of them were hires I made remotely without even had the chance to meet face to face yet.

I was pretty excited about it but ended up running meetings on Zoom while they all were all together in London. Bloody frustrating!
Oh Graeme, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy so gutted to hear you have it too.
You are a better man than me though, pushing through to do work stuff. All I can say is thank goodness for Netflix, though it's not even easy to concentrate so it's all been easy watch stuff.
I did spend one night on settee cusions on the living room floor (so my wife could actually sleep upstairs and not listen to me moaning) listening to Radio X overnight in the hope of dropping off, but that didn't happen

Oh I wish you both better but this variant seems to be hitting some people hard
Seriously Paracetamol and fluids and rest
Thanks Jackie. What is the latest variant called? Been on the Sudafed tablets etc and trying to drink plenty but every time i swallow it's like razor blades

Thanks Jackie. What is the latest variant called? Been on the Sudafed tablets etc and trying to drink plenty but every time i swallow it's like razor blades
It is the Omicron variant but there is another they are looking at (think it is called the BA.5).
Phil, gargle in soluble aspirin as it will help

Very true. It's a very odd thing Covid. Some have it and don't even know it and it devestates others
I was lucky I guess and was in the didn't know I had it camp. I've got a daughter who moved up from nursery to reception in September and so far touch wood have avoided all germs that have been flying around. By the sounds of it we have avoided some great ones so far (think along the lines of the exorcist projectile vomit)

Oh I wish you both better but this variant seems to be hitting some people hard
Seriously Paracetamol and fluids and rest
Thanks Jackie.

Oh Graeme, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy so gutted to hear you have it too.
You are a better man than me though, pushing through to do work stuff. All I can say is thank goodness for Netflix, though it's not even easy to concentrate so it's all been easy watch stuff.
I did spend one night on settee cusions on the living room floor (so my wife could actually sleep upstairs and not listen to me moaning) listening to Radio X overnight in the hope of dropping off, but that didn't happen
Sounds like you had it far worse. First day and a half were terrible with major headaches and dizziness. Then it seemed to lift a bit (or the drugs kicked in?)

Feels like phase two now, like a strong cold, but I’m exhausted.

Get well soon buddy.

Reactions: RHB
Thanks Jackie.

Sounds like you had it far worse. First day and a half were terrible with major headaches and dizziness. Then it seemed to lift a bit (or the drugs kicked in?)

Feels like phase two now, like a strong cold, but I’m exhausted.

Get well soon buddy.
I'd rather i hadn't had it worse. I seemed to have everything all at the same time.

Hope you are feeling better soon too Graeme.
Fingers crossed we are both good for the game next Saturday

Probably no worse.
That's just crude propaganda

Edit.FWIW I had a recent conversation with our older daughetr's partner (an anti-vaxxcer like you).I asked him why and he said he didn't think the vaccine would make him any healthier.To which I replied.No but it might just save your life.

Last edited:
I had my booster a couple of weeks back and I can say I had very few side-effects. Only very mild aches in my wrist strangely enough.

I had my booster a couple of weeks back and I can say I had very few side-effects. Only very mild aches in my wrist strangely enough.

I have that problem without having a booster, I can never understand why :)

That's just crude propaganda

Edit.FWIW I had a recent conversation with our older daughetr's partner (an anti-vaxxcer like you).I asked him why and he said he didn't think the vaccine would make him any healthier.To which I replied.No but it might just save your life.
First of all I resent being called an "anti-vaxxer", which has just become a catch-all term for anyone who dared to question the effectiveness of lockdowns/masks/the vaccine, and another way for government and media to divide people. I am not anti-vaccines in general, I've never refused a vaccine before, I am just pro-choice and sceptical about one that was rushed through in less than a year, that people have been coerced or bribed into having, that seemingly has to be topped up every few months, and that has caused thousands of serious adverse reactions in this country alone.

As for saving my life, as a healthy young person my chances of dying from COVID are virtually zero. It's about weighing up risks and benefits. For me, the benefits of having the vaccine don't outweigh the risks, especially as it clearly isn't very good at stopping you from catching, spreading or falling ill with COVID.

Anyway, better stop before this is taken down for 'misinformation'.

Back