• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
I assumed we’d be in lockdown this winter again. Not likely but covid still seems very nasty. Let’s hope it doesn’t pick up too much as we get into a cold snap

I assumed we’d be in lockdown this winter again. Not likely but covid still seems very nasty. Let’s hope it doesn’t pick up too much as we get into a cold snap
I think we have to be mindful of Covid as your right it can be very nasty for some but I think with lots of people vaccinated etc we are nowhere near any type of lockdown

I think we have to be mindful of Covid as your right it can be very nasty for some but I think with lots of people vaccinated etc we are nowhere near any type of lockdown
Hope so. Would have to be a mighty spike. Let’s hope flu season isn’t total chaos.

Reactions: tia
Paranoid propaganda? There's been a lot of that over the last couple of years but I was merely stating facts.

Haven't you lot got anything better to do than tell us about your latest jab? No one cared about your vaccination history before COVID.
Quite.But there have been a few interesting posts about the common cold recently (which invcidentally our youger daughter -working in Paris- has caught too).That's actually a good news story.I'd suggest. It rather means that things are getting back to normal ,slowly, if all we're worried about now is catching a cold rather than covid. :Smile:

Last edited:
Quite.But there have been a few interesting posts about the common cold recently (which invcidentally our youger daughter -working in Paris- has caught too).That's actually a good news story.I'd suggest. It rather means that things are getting back to normal ,slowly, if all we're worried about now is catching a cold rather than covid. :Smile:
All old medical news. About 40 years ago there was a study as to why gypsy kids got less colds at school age than house dwellers and the report concluded that they had much higher pre school mortality, and were exposed to much higher bacteria and viruses so only the strongest survived and had heightened immune responses.
Not good or fair or a solution to solving adult illness but some may disagree.

All old medical news. About 40 years ago there was a study as to why gypsy kids got less colds at school age than house dwellers and the report concluded that they had much higher pre school mortality, and were exposed to much higher bacteria and viruses so only the strongest survived and had heightened immune responses.
Talking of which how is your own cold now? :Winking:

No, not at all and one as a modern society we should try to tackle. However it is a much more reflective of the natural process, and might arguably have an evolutionary benefit in that population group.

Conversely our modern health and societal approaches - while being the obvious moral approach in my opinion - might possibly be storing up problems in the future. One worrying potential signal of a long term issue for humanity, which may be entirely unconnected to modern healthcare but is nevertheless worrying, is the Israeli university study (published last week I think) which showed a consistent decline in sperm counts across all social and ethnic groups worldwide - more than halving the amount per measure of fluid and showing a progressive and accelerating decline.

@Chrisb , yes it has helped. However a mornings work has really shown how my energy levels are low. I don't think I have long covid but recovery is going to take longer than after a dose of man flu.

A few Covid things.

My mate who was hospitalised in the summer with it is back in hospital again, not sure if it is related to covid but he has never got back to 100% since then. He is in respiratory ward. Under fifty, no smoker, 80k, manual worker so it is tough to understand.

Lots of it about, maybe seasonal mixing is sharing in many unintentional ways.

China now in complete mess but opening up travel. A few days behind the curve but at last UK is insisting on mandatory testing and quarantine of positive arrives from there.

Am I the only one thinking China is not sharing all it knows or playing with a straight bat?

A few Covid things.

My mate who was hospitalised in the summer with it is back in hospital again, not sure if it is related to covid but he has never got back to 100% since then. He is in respiratory ward. Under fifty, no smoker, 80k, manual worker so it is tough to understand.

China now in complete mess but opening up travel. A few days behind the curve but at last UK is insisting on mandatory testing and quarantine of positive arrives from there.

Am I the only one thinking China is not sharing all it knows or playing with a straight bat?

The bat part is probably correct.🦇

A few Covid thing

Well the experts are saying China has probably got about 9000 deaths a day from Covid at this time given the epidemic spread and population. China says it has one death a day from Covid. Which is obviously a ridiculous figure. So of course they don't play with a straight bat.

Well the experts are saying China has probably got about 9000 deaths a day from Covid at this time given the epidemic spread and population. China says it has one death a day from Covid. Which is obviously a ridiculous figure. So of course they don't play with a straight bat.
Go back to this time 2 years ago, when China announced they had a problem ( Covid ), but as always played down the situation. They were quite happy to let god knows how many of them, travel across the world, which many people believe caused the global outbreak?.
Unless the virus spread in the atmosphere, which to my knowledge no-one has ever confirmed?.

A few Covid things.

I think there is much more to learn from the Chinese Government, they have history with both COVID and bird flu.

Go back to this time 2 years ago, when China announced they had a problem ( Covid ), but as always played down the situation. They were quite happy to let god knows how many of them, travel across the world, which many people believe caused the global outbreak?.
Unless the virus spread in the atmosphere, which to my knowledge no-one has ever confirmed?.

Wasn't it an Italian that returned from China that caused the first major outbreak in Europe?

Back