• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Interested to hear 3 UK friends experience with Covid on Sat .nite.All 3 had tested postive for the virus .2 in SOS and 1 Cornwall based.The 3 of us based in the EU (my wife and I in SC and Daughter in Paris) have always tested negative. Coincidence I suppose.

The UK Guv covid tracking app has been closed.
Nothing said by UK Guv on doing this, which I found strange, and not reported in main stream press.
Not much on new, virulent Indian strain either.
I saw an article on it on BBC at the weekend

The UK Guv covid tracking app has been closed.
Nothing said by UK Guv on doing this, which I found strange, and not reported in main stream press.
Not much on new, virulent Indian strain either.
I'm surprised it wasn't closed down sooner, the app is useless unless the majority of the population is using it and most people stopped using it ages ago.

As for Arcturus everything I've read about it says that it's a bit more infectious but the symptoms are no more severe than Omicron.

I had covid several months ago.
The cough lingered for many, too many weeks.
Now I just don't seem to have the 100% recovery. Especially in the gym or swimming I can't get near to back to where I was, initially I put it down to age and slow recovery but now I think it is a mild long covid thing.
Anyone else?

We just don't seem to have any energy, and even enthusiasm for things seems to have waned. Maybe that's part of being in our late 60s, but it all seems to go back to having covid.

We just don't seem to have any energy, and even enthusiasm for things seems to have waned. Maybe that's part of being in our late 60s, but it all seems to go back to having covid.
I am a little younger, early/mid 60s.
A simple analogy for me is that I have lost 4th gear and can't push on as I could pre infection.
I'd like to know if research is progressing on long covid.

Back