• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Exactly and that was my point. Like I said, some countries called it way before we did and as a result were able to stem the tide in terms of reducing the rate and number of deaths. Our government was too dismissive and didn't react quickly enough.

I really don't think there was anything to stop this. In the beginning I myself thought this would all be over in a couple of months, so locking down earlier etc would make a big difference. Here we are two years down the line and still dealing with it. All I hope now is that as a country we have learnt from this and deal with it better if it happens again.

When this whole pandemic started people were in denial (hoax) or what ever you want to call it, but, I think we can all agree (now) it's not and a lot of people have died from it.

We'd all be having a completely different discussion rigth now if the Gov sat back and did nothing, It just wasn't an option (if you like it or not), the people we elect have a duty of care over it's people.

We're all very fortunate to have been born and raised in a first World Country, many many Countries (2nd and 3rd World Countries) and it's people would give their right arm to have what we do in the UK. We don't realise how lucky we are, take a second and think about all those poor Countries around the World where people just die on the streets.

My last point, over the last 2 years, we've all become experts in medical science and think we know best depending what news or social media channel we follow.. Sometimes in life, you have to trust those in charge who know a lot more than we do.

Some good news in regards to travel.
The 2 day post LFT is now no longer required if double vaccinated upon return but, we have still got to fill in that awful Passenger Locator Form
Booked a trip over on the strength of that for our last home game against Torquay in May.No guarantee that there might not be a reversal of this policy before May though. ?

Off for my 15th and final compulsory PCR test today 26 days after serving back. God help me if I test positive!

As if culling 2000 hamsters and small rodents wasn’t enough (they’re still insisting it was hamster to human transmission) HK is now locking down entire estates for between 5 and 7 days and has changed the rhetoric from zero Covid to dynamic zero (basically means lock down and test).

Residents are only allowed out for compulsory daily PCR testing conducted downstairs of their high rise. Yep you guessed it. Asymptotic positives and previously non Covid mixing in the same lifts, hallways and testing areas. What could possibly go wrong?

Every day brings a new low. Just when you think they can’t sink any lower. They’ve evacuated a group of pensioners and put them into a government monitoring facility for 14 days (worse than the 4 day government quarantine I had to do before 17 days in a hotel). They’re unable to offer assistance to people that have special needs putting diapers on the bedridden and no shower for those for 14 days

Utterly clueless. We get daily notes conferences and knee jerk rules from so-called experts. Luckily I live in a house so I’m not going to get hit with widespread lockdowns

My last point, over the last 2 years, we've all become experts in medical science and think we know best depending what news or social media channel we follow.. Sometimes in life, you have to trust those in charge who know a lot more than we do.

To be honest I only learnt that last year. I met a top bloke called Boris at a party, we ended getting right on it.

Whilst others couldn't hold their own mother at their dads funeral I was parting away with over 100 A listers in the world of politics and media.....Not a mask in sight.

Shouldn't really tell you this but at those sort of events its full on security. Visual police presence, armed personal protection and at least three snipers....Of course high ranking Met know about it because they have to obviously plan it and OK it.

Anyway lets not make this politics because there all the same. I ended up getting invited to another party by a bloke called Kier.....I didn't bother as he was not the fizziest drink in the fridge

Off for my 15th and final compulsory PCR test today 26 days after serving back. God help me if I test positive!

As if culling 2000 hamsters and small rodents wasn’t enough (they’re still insisting it was hamster to human transmission) HK is now locking down entire estates for between 5 and 7 days and has changed the rhetoric from zero Covid to dynamic zero (basically means lock down and test).

Residents are only allowed out for compulsory daily PCR testing conducted downstairs of their high rise. Yep you guessed it. Asymptotic positives and previously non Covid mixing in the same lifts, hallways and testing areas. What could possibly go wrong?

Every day brings a new low. Just when you think they can’t sink any lower. They’ve evacuated a group of pensioners and put them into a government monitoring facility for 14 days (worse than the 4 day government quarantine I had to do before 17 days in a hotel). They’re unable to offer assistance to people that have special needs putting diapers on the bedridden and no shower for those for 14 days

Utterly clueless. We get daily notes conferences and knee jerk rules from so-called experts. Luckily I live in a house so I’m not going to get hit with widespread lockdowns

Utter insanity. I guess we should be grateful that the UK (or England, at least) is fairly relaxed and 'free' compared to a lot of countries at the moment.

Either way, it's still a lot of people .including non boosters.
Yes 61% is proportionally larger than the actual population unvaccinated (about 30% apparently) but 90% is an obviously misleading figure and the uncomfortable part is HMG could use that to justify any policy they please.

HMG is essentially lumping in those who did what is widely perceived as the 'right thing' and got 2 jabs with those who exercised their choice not to have any to pump up the numbers.

It's truth-bending like this that makes me a huge sceptic of the rules/regulations, especially when people could easily take it at face value.

If they can state such things so comfortably knowing it's factually incorrect, what else will they lie through their teeth about?

All I want to hear is the truthful situation on the ground, but it appears that would leave too much of a grey area for people to decide what to do for themselves.

Novak's Tennis Balls.
Please call me a suspicious person but..
Did Novak really have Covid? Could he not get a positive report, at the right date, in Serbia money buys all and he is a national hero, so he might not have anything wrong or covid at all, have a few weeks private training and then toddlers off down under and claim he is GOOD and safe?
The bloke is a smart arse so why wouldn't he, for sure he would laugh.

An independent test on him now for anti bodies might be interesting?
I read today that there is now considerable doubt on Novak's infection and especially the dates, which would then include any and all authentication of those same tests.
I suspect if he is found to have fraudulently made the cover of his "covid" infection to get admitted to Oz, then he will find his Visa ban for there is the full 3 year penalty.
I would expect the USA to also Visa deny him.
The French will let him play Roland Garros, because they sell loads of weapons to Serbia and the UK will allow him here as we have a pathetic border control farce.

Well so far, restricting our freedom has cost the UK government over £370bn.
Fairly obviously (to me at least) I wasn't talking about the financial costs bur rather deaths due to covid,long covid etc the costs of which are incaluable.Not to mention people having to take time off from work with covid or those who are contacts and can't WFH.but still have to isolate.

Last edited:
My wife's 94 yr old Aunt is in Queen Anne's Hospital on end of life care, she is 94 and her kidneys are failing.
Anyway her sisters are taking turns visiting, and doing tests etc before and after, masks, wipes etc.
Now we are told her Auntie has covid, and it is likely to hasten her demise.
And all visitors stopped.

My wife's 94 yr old Aunt is in Queen Anne's Hospital on end of life care, she is 94 and her kidneys are failing.
Anyway her sisters are taking turns visiting, and doing tests etc before and after, masks, wipes etc.

That's really sad. The world has lost the plot on this

Remove her at all costs and let her have her last days with a loving family around her. Or at least demand that someone can visit her.

I now know several families who have gone through this and those that didn't are now asking themselves questions. In one case they got them to Havens after a bit of a fight. She actually improved for her last few weeks because Whitechapel had completely neglected their mum.

Covid death statistics are slowly falling.
And imo, slightly more interesting is that the average monthly death rate is at a five year low, but the details of how that figure is calculated I don't know.
Could it be that the unfortunate weak and infirm have been taken earlier si the "low " death rate is a figure by product?
And we seem to have had a 2nd winter without a flu crisis or hospitals having big vomit/ nora virus season.
Washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes etc may have some good for long term.

Back