• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
New symptoms of long covid include hair loss and sexual dysfunction!

And I thought simply growing old had those symptoms .

There is a huge industry behind all this which is getting a tad wearing.

Here is the ridiculous things I need to do to fly back to HK this Friday. All of the below is scrutinised at check in otherwise I won’t be permitted to fly.

1 Book and get a negative medical lateral flow (i.e not a home kit). The output must have my passport number and full name. Needs to be within 24 hours of flight. If I’d not had Covid I would have needed a PCR within 48 hours of flight.

2 Proof of 7 night designated quarantine hotel booking. Obviously done weeks ago, availability is next to zero. Designated hotel costs have soared by over 50 percent in the last 18 months. Govt says nothing to do with them.

3 Proof of fully vaxed and boosted (otherwise 14 night quarantine)

4 Airline travel history declaration. MUST BE printed.

5 Airline Ready to Fly electronic submission

6 HK Electronic Health declaration form electronic submission

Don’t ever complain about UK measures. We are 2-1/2 years in and this is meant to be progress.

When I land I need a negative lateral flow to be allowed to receive a government quarantine order, otherwise I am carted off to either a hospital or dedicated Covid facility.

I also have to take a PCR upon landing. If that comes back positive then what happens next depends on the CT measure of the PCR.

Carted off to the hotel in dedicated transport by staff in full PPE. The luggage will be disinfected.

In the hotel an official lateral flow every day and a PCR test on day 3 and 5. Assuming all these are negative then I’m free to leave after QT order expires. Then I have to take another PCR on day 9 and day 12!

Paranoia beyond laughable.

Here is the ridiculous things I need to do to fly back to HK this Friday. All of the below is scrutinised at check in otherwise I won’t be permitted to fly.

1 Book and get a negative medical lateral flow (i.e not a home kit). The output must have my passport number and full name. Needs to be within 24 hours of flight. If I’d not had Covid I would have needed a PCR within 48 hours of flight.

2 Proof of 7 night designated quarantine hotel booking. Obviously done weeks ago, availability is next to zero. Designated hotel costs have soared by over 50 percent in the last 18 months. Govt says nothing to do with them.

3 Proof of fully vaxed and boosted (otherwise 14 night quarantine)

4 Airline travel history declaration. MUST BE printed.

5 Airline Ready to Fly electronic submission

6 HK Electronic Health declaration form electronic submission

Don’t ever complain about UK measures. We are 2-1/2 years in and this is meant to be progress.

When I land I need a negative lateral flow to be allowed to receive a government quarantine order, otherwise I am carted off to either a hospital or dedicated Covid facility.

I also have to take a PCR upon landing. If that comes back positive then what happens next depends on the CT measure of the PCR.

Carted off to the hotel in dedicated transport by staff in full PPE. The luggage will be disinfected.

In the hotel an official lateral flow every day and a PCR test on day 3 and 5. Assuming all these are negative then I’m free to leave after QT order expires. Then I have to take another PCR on day 9 and day 12!

Paranoia beyond laughable.

To still be doing this kind of stuff two and half years in is sheer insanity. So glad I got to visit HK before COVID!

6ED2D6F5-590C-4E7E-8B95-71F47A1217B8.jpegTo still be doing this kind of stuff two and half years in is sheer insanity. So glad I got to visit HK before COVID!
They are talking about hosting the HK Rugby 7s (formerly the most prestigious 7s on the global calendar in November). Closed loop for players, reduced capacity for fans. No eating in the stands, masks must be worn. Drinking permitted in stands but not clear whether alcohol will be on sale). There is talk of reduced QT by then, but I don’t rate the chances of international spectators.

Bizarrely they’re usually in March. They should have just waited until then.

There’s also supposed to be a closed loop Bankers conference in November. We are expecting they will be given QT exemption just as Nicole Kidman and entourage did when they filmed in HK last year.

Despite all of this HK daily life for me (in the countryside) is phenomenally fantastic. Even just on my morning walk this morning I have a greater appreciation for clean, unvandalised, 24 hour public toilets which are abundant in HK. 4 that I know of alone in my local town. 1 in my village.

Vandalism is unthinkable in HK, including sports facilities etc.

Oh and if you are far from HK Island you get beaches like this with crystal clear warm water.

Haven't been feeling particularly tip top this week, put it down to a bit of stress and things on my mind. Yesterday I felt rough all day, headache and legs really hurting me and genarally feeling like hammered crap. Got home and done a LFT and two lines as thick as Lincolnshire sausages appeared within seconds. Covid finally got me. Now here's the weird bit, woke up this morning and still felt rough but not so bad as to take time of work. I drive a tipper lorry so work alone and don't truck share so have very little prolonged or close contact with anyone else so I went in and cracked on. 24 hours on and I feel near as damn it back to normal. No headache, legs much better and have moved many miles away from death's door that I thought I needed to knock on.

Convinced the three vaccines I've had have reduced the impact ( about the only thing I'm grateful to this government for) and suggest that if there are still any doubters on here, then have a change of heart and get jabbed, it wont make you immortal but it don't half take the edge of it.

I'm 63 got Covid last week first time, was like bad flu, got all clear on LFT, so went for a park run just 5 k, 5 weeks earlier had run Whitstable half in 2 hr 10
Could not complete two laps of park run Saturday, so out of breathe, cannot believe the impact you cannot see, have London HM in four weeks, that looks a long way off
Yesterday managed 5 k in 38 mins !!! so far away from five weeks a go its scary and makes me realise what it must have been like pre jabs

Convinced the three vaccines I've had have reduced the impact ( about the only thing I'm grateful to this government for) and suggest that if there are still any doubters on here, then have a change of heart and get jabbed, it wont make you immortal but it don't half take the edge of it.

Well, you would hope that three vaccines in the space of less than a year would have some impact... However I think age and underlying health are much bigger determining factors in how COVID affects you than vaccination status. I'm not vaccinated, had COVID in March, I just felt tired and a bit feverish for a couple of days. My wife, who is jabbed, was more ill and for longer.

Worth remembering - as the government and their scientists repeatedly stressed at the start of the pandemic before they decided everyone needed terrifying into complying with lockdown - that this has always been a mild illness for the vast majority of people. The vaccine isn't without risk either. Choose your poison.

Bugger, just announced change to 3 nights hotel 4 at home quarantine effective the day I finish mine!
Applied retrospectively 😁😁😁

I’m out Thursday morning instead of 2359 Friday. Not allowed into bars etc for a few days (app controls) and two more PCRs on the outside. 2 night hotel refund too

Well, you would hope that three vaccines in the space of less than a year would have some impact... However I think age and underlying health are much bigger determining factors in how COVID affects you than vaccination status. I'm not vaccinated, had COVID in March, I just felt tired and a bit feverish for a couple of days. My wife, who is jabbed, was more ill and for longer.

Worth remembering - as the government and their scientists repeatedly stressed at the start of the pandemic before they decided everyone needed terrifying into complying with lockdown - that this has always been a mild illness for the vast majority of people. The vaccine isn't without risk either. Choose your poison.
Unbelievable!

Report in the Telegraph this morning suggesting that the effects of lockdown are now killing more people than COVID.

Shock horror.
It's not the effect of 'lockdown', it's the total impact of the pandemic and also loads of other political things that I'll stay clear of. You can't say that we'd be in a better position if we didn't have lockdown, and that's not what the study is saying (even if the telegraph want to portray it in that way). Delayed diagnosis was always going to be an issue when we had the peak lockdowns, but nothing has been done since then by the government to ensure that we catch back up and enable our NHS to recover. It's chronically understaffed now. We have a huge shortage of doctors but medical schools are still unable to increase their intake and students with straight A* A-levels are being turned down.

I thought there would be some kind of enquiry into the pandemic, or parts of the sequence of events and reactions.
It is bizarre that globally there is no interest in finding out why, what, where and who was harmed, or not by it.
Or what is needed next time, as it will happen again, just like monsoon floods, African famines and tornado season.
Any news @Kris , especially about the drug companies sueing each other?

I thought there would be some kind of enquiry into the pandemic, or parts of the sequence of events and reactions.
It is bizarre that globally there is no interest in finding out why, what, where and who was harmed, or not by it.
Or what is needed next time, as it will happen again, just like monsoon floods, African famines and tornado season.
Any news @Kris , especially about the drug companies sueing each other?

I believe that's coming,presumably as with energy price,s it will be part of the new PM's remit.

I believe that's coming,presumably as with energy price,s it will be part of the new PM's remit.
I am not thinking Little Britain Tangers, this was a global epidemic lots of permations happened in reactions and care. Different ethnic, age, health groups impacted individually. Aside from the obvious keep healthy, don't smoke, drink, get obese stuff what has been learnt?
Oh, and wash hands, use (clean) handkerchiefs for coughs and sneezes.

I am not thinking Little Britain Tangers, this was a global epidemic lots of permations happened in reactions and care. Different ethnic, age, health groups impacted individually. Aside from the obvious keep healthy, don't smoke, drink, get obese stuff what has been learnt?
Oh, and wash hands, use (clean) handkerchiefs for coughs and sneezes.
It interests me that public transport in Spain is about the only space I know where people are still obliged to wear masks (this rule is often not observed by tourists (especially from the UK or France) or the younger elememt when it comes to last/late trains.Wonder if this will keep going in Sept.when the schools start again?

FWIW ,when we were over in May a good mate (and his wife) asked me how we'd managed to remain covid free (when they hadn't).All I could say to him was "touch wood I've no idea".Apart from observing all the social rules you mention,which they'd been doing too.

Back