• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The IT Crowd

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
Did anyone see this new comedy on Channel 4 on Friday night? I was really impressed. I liked the look of it when I saw the advert, and it's produced by one of the writers of Father Ted and I believe one of the Office writers too, and it lived up to my expectations. It was just completely stupid, witty, laugh out loud comedy. The best new comedy I've seen for a long time.
cool.gif

hmmm was most disapointed. Being an IT guy there was a couple of in jokes that were good but given the hype CH4 have given it I was not overly impressed and didn't find Chris Morris anywhere near as funny as he was in Brass Eye/Day Today.

I think after seeing things like The Office, Phoenix Nights, Nathan barley, Peep Show et al that studio sitcoms with laughter tracks just look really bad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Feb. 05 2006,20:40)]it's produced by one of the writers of Father Ted and I believe one of the Office writers too
not quite - it's written by Graham Linehan who co-wrote Father Ted and produced by The Office producer Ash Atilla.

T'was alright, better than most so-called 'comedies' around at the moment

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Feb. 05 2006,20:43)]hmmm was most disapointed. Being an IT guy there was a couple of in jokes that were good but given the hype CH4 have given it I was not overly impressed and didn't find Chris Morris anywhere near as funny as he was in Brass Eye/Day Today.

I think after seeing things like The Office, Phoenix Nights, Nathan barley, Peep Show et al that studio sitcoms with laughter tracks just look really bad.
Yea, I thought that KG - the laughter track sounds incredibly dated now. May be OK for something like a mock of old sitcoms, but especially for a sitcom about IT it is out of place!

I thought the show was awful.

Whoever commissioned/bought this program for channel four should lose their job immediately.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2006,11:12)]Passable. The laughter track was very annoying.
It made me laugh. A lot. And I'm usually a very harsh critic, but it certainly earned itself another watch next week.

It was pretty good, although not brilliant. I'd watch it again.

I watched the first one, said I wouldn't bother with the 2nd but as it was on straight after.....wish I hadn't

The concept was good but the potentially humerous "tales from the helpdesk" type jokes were conspicuous by their absence and in all honesty they could quite easily have been post room or any other office nerds.

Poor.

Hyperdrive is better but is still a poor copy of Red Dwarf

I thought it was terrible. I just didn't find it funny at all.

Speaking of Graham Linehan shows...I caught an episode of Father Ted on More4 last night. It was the one where Ted keeps on being inadvertently racist towards Craggy Island's Chinese population. Genius.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2006,12:51)]Speaking of Graham Linehan shows...I caught an episode of Father Ted on More4 last night. It was the one where Ted keeps on being inadvertently racist towards Craggy Island's Chinese population. Genius.
''The Great Wall Of China, so big, it can be seen from anywhere in the world''

its better then watching Celeb big brother - to which im still waiting to see the celebs that are going in the house, i no loads of people come out of it last week.
tounge.gif

Good news - the return of 8 out of 10 cats retuns this week, i found that brillaint (depending on who they get on the show of course)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2006,12:51)]Speaking of Graham Linehan shows...I caught an episode of Father Ted on More4 last night. It was the one where Ted keeps on being inadvertently racist towards Craggy Island's Chinese population. Genius.
Father Ted was absolutely brilliant. What a shame there will never be another one because of such tragic circumstances.

Dermot Morgan, what a tragic loss.
sad.gif

I thought the IT Crowd was quite good, gonna get it recorded this week though.

Whats peoples opinions on My Name Is Earl, seen a few of them now and think thats good as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Feb. 07 2006,21:38)]Whats peoples opinions on My Name Is Earl, seen a few of them now and think thats good as well.
Now that IS excellent. Well scripted, well acted, another brilliant American import.

Back