• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Jam

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Sky News are reporting that The Jam have reformed and are going on tour. But there is just one small problem, Paul Weller is not part of the reformed group. How the hell can this be a Jam reunion without the lead singer and songwriter?

Absolutely insane. Weller was The Jam.... Foxton & Buckler may have been great at their job, but as Morrissey once said of his former rythmn section, as interchangeable as lawnmower components.

Last edited:
Phil Collins pulled it off but other than him, no-one. Besides, Rick couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

:hilarious:

Phil Collins was the only successful example of a drummer-singer that I could think of as well. Still, I guess they'll get quite a few ticket sales on curiosity value, as Queen did when they reformed with Paul Rodgers.

Lead singer of Jellyfish was the drummer.... great band, sadly missed.

watch

Last edited:
see "the jam" without weller in camber sands scooter rally!
very good but would be nice to see weller back! i heard a rumour that they are trying to get him back for 1 tour! as foxton is now talking to him after 20 years

Lead singer of Jellyfish was the drummer.... great band, sadly missed.

watch

The Dave Clark 5...

Anyway don't the Gift often play with Foxton and Buckler ?

Weller isn't shy of throwing a few Jam numbers into his solo set

A number of bands have reformed with Changed line ups, Deep Purple kept changing, and only one of the original Ramones is still alive, so I don't think is as stupid as people are making out that. Weller left because the other two did not want to follow the same musical direction as him (and to be honest I don't blame them) they folded the band rather than try and replace him.

very good but would be nice to see weller back! i heard a rumour that they are trying to get him back for 1 tour! as foxton is now talking to him after 20 years

Excellent night werent it! :D

I think after Bruce and Rick sued John Weller (Wellers old man) over rights to the songs theyve got no chance.

After speaking to Rick Buckler when he played down here with the gift last summer he said he hasnt spoken to Weller in 20 years.

All is still going well for Weller at the moment. Hes a succesful solo artist and still releasing his own stuff. Theres always gonna be speculation of them getting back together and id love to see it but for me i just dont think wellers intrested at the moment.

Up the mods.....

I can imagine the conversation.

'Hows it going Paul? Still making plenty of the back of me and Rick you pointless prick?

Yeah Bruce, still dyeing the hair?

Hmmm, The Jam without Weller. Next week:

"The Jimi Hendrix Experience - the show must go on"

Back