• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
We came up well short today of the standard required to get out of this league. The players have performed above themselves to get to this point in 7th place.

We have Glen Rea and Joel piggot on loan. Thanks for the goal pig but you are out of your depth. I'm not sure why we need glen Rea. He has had a handful of minutes and is just so so.

Send these boys back and sign 2 or 3 top loanees. At the very least an attacking midfielder and pacey striker.

I am always a fan of a try but does will Atkinson offer enough ? Not for me. We have plenty to choose from in the centre and leonard Payne deegan and Timlin are all ahead of him if fit.

Don't even get me started with Hurst. Total waste of wage and should be shown the door.

Show some ambition and make a few tough decisions and we can push on from here. Don't and we will more than likely just fizzle along to a top 12 finish. There is no shame in that , but this is a good a chance as any to have a crack at a play off place.

UTB

Both loanees to go back, and I'd be very interested in bringing Sordell in from Charlton. I do think there's a good player there in Pigott, look at Cauley Woodrow.....very similar in a lot of ways. Rea I just consider to be a bit of an unnecessary presence.

Both loanees to go back, and I'd be very interested in bringing Sordell in from Charlton. I do think there's a good player there in Pigott, look at Cauley Woodrow.....very similar in a lot of ways. Rea I just consider to be a bit of an unnecessary presence.
I think you mean Harriott OBL Sordell is a permanent Col U signing! Harriott goes back to Charlton after the next game, several clubs are rumoured to be interested in him including 2-3 from the Championship, however others say he is house hunting in Colchester already so who knows.

I think you mean Harriott OBL Sordell is a permanent Col U signing! Harriott goes back to Charlton after the next game, several clubs are rumoured to be interested in him including 2-3 from the Championship, however others say he is house hunting in Colchester already so who knows.

He's a total nob then!!!

Really? I have them the wrong way round then, I don't personally think Harriott is better than what we have!

Today may have been a blessing in disguise. We do need to bring in some better quality players. I think PB has been over achieving with what he has.

Out
Hurst
Piggot
Williams
Prosser (I want him to stay but think he will request to leave, and I wouldn't blame him)
O'Neil
Rae
Weston
Bentley ( I think he will be sold)

Need
A hungry horrible nasty striker
A striker with pace
A brick sh!t house defender
Goal keeper

Out
Hurst
Piggot
Williams
Prosser (I want him to stay but think he will request to leave, and I wouldn't blame him)
O'Neil
Rae
Weston
Bentley ( I think he will be sold)

Need
A hungry horrible nasty striker
A striker with pace
A brick sh!t house defender
Goal keeper
Really? Get rid of 3 defenders and replace them with 1 and get rid of 2 wingers and replace them with none? Doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

Apparently Rea's loan will get extended if possible.

I think either Hurst or Deegan could be offered out to other clubs with one going, along with piggott going back to Charlton.

2-3 in, wouldn't surprise me to see 2 strikers coming in, likely being loans of young players from prem/champ squads.

Really? I have them the wrong way round then, I don't personally think Harriott is better than what we have!

Yep Harriott is the little guy who had his worst game of the season so far on Boxing day against John White, (He is still a very good player though who should build a decent career in the Championship) Sordell didn't play against you because of injury but would have had two against Gillingham yesterday if it wasn't for great saves by their keeper. Incidentally Harriott has gone back to Charlton this morning after his 3 month loan, it would appear he has gone back a game early which suggests Keen has others lined up.(obviously the house hunting rumour was rubbish!) We were unlucky not to win against Gillingham yesterday even their fans said that, and without your keepers heroics before and after half time we would have beaten you lot, hopefully better times are on their way, it's a tough ask but 19th will do!

Apparently Rea's loan will get extended if possible.

I think either Hurst or Deegan could be offered out to other clubs with one going, along with piggott going back to Charlton.

2-3 in, wouldn't surprise me to see 2 strikers coming in, likely being loans of young players from prem/champ squads.

The only place Deegan will be going is into some 50/50 tackles against Doncaster this Saturday.

I read a rumour on Twitter this morning about us lining up a bid for Reuben Reid.

I read a rumour on Twitter this morning about us lining up a bid for Reuben Reid.

Rumour only I would think. Unless we have found a lost, deceased Auntie who has left us sheds full of dosh, we are not going to be able to compete financially there.

The loanees are pointless being here if not in the first team. Rea coming on for 10 mins to shore things up, Pigott running around not doing much, O'neill missing in action! We do need a pacey option either out wide or up top.

Back