• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Time to get over Freddy methinks and focus on Barmard. He can score goals. He has an entire pre-season to bang them in and get his confidence back. I'm stating now Barnard and Corr to get 30 goals between them next season. Don't care which way around but these two are going to spearhead our promotion charge alongside am Andy Ansah type gem that Brown will pick up in the next few weeks.

Kev Maher coming out of retirement is pushing the boundaries here :smile:

I'm backing Barnard. Are you?

Time to get over Freddy methinks and focus on Barmard. He can score goals. He has an entire pre-season to bang them in and get his confidence back. I'm stating now Barnard and Corr to get 30 goals between them next season. Don't care which way around but these two are going to spearhead our promotion charge alongside am Andy Ansah type gem that Brown will pick up in the next few weeks.

Kev Maher coming out of retirement is pushing the boundaries here :smile:

I'm backing Barnard. Are you?
I think we all want barnyard to do well, but many of us question if that is going to happen based on what we witnessed last season. His body language was awful too many times. I don't quite get the connection between how a good pre season will fix that, but hopefully it will

I think we all want barnyard to do well, but many of us question if that is going to happen based on what we witnessed last season. His body language was awful too many times. I don't quite get the connection between how a good pre season will fix that, but hopefully it will

Tricky call, but I think we have to reserve judgement until he has a few games under his belt and we see what other forwards are bought in. I can't see PB settling for Barney and BBBC only as his options so it is an grey area at the moment. If I recall, Barney took a while to settle in first time around with injuries etc and then he burst into goal scoring action.

Not having had a pre-season and taken part in the 22-a-side matches against local non-league teams is the excuse trotted out when players don't immediately excel (or even perform adequately) when joining mid-season. Joining us when he did, a good training regime should have seen him firing on all cylinders long before those vital end of season games.

He didn't have a proper pre season last season and also picked up a couple of injuries.

He he was also put straight back in the team here as soon as he joined despite even him thinking he wasn't ready for it fitness wise. All this contributed to a less than ideal final product.

Give the guy a chance, he's a natural goal scorer, and he keeps fit he'll still have a couple of good seasons ahead of him.

If we play to his game/ strength instead of hoofing the ball up to BBBC all the time maybe he could be a 10/15 goal man. BBBC must be knacked after every game, what he's asked to do for the team it's just too much to ask for one payer.

We need Hurst to be more pro-active on the wing but we also need another winger to help us to whip they balls in.

One senses that PB is very excited about the impact this kid will have next season.......

Give the guy a chance, he's a natural goal scorer, and he keeps fit he'll still have a couple of good seasons ahead of him.

If we play to his game/ strength instead of hoofing the ball up to BBBC all the time maybe he could be a 10/15 goal man. BBBC must be knacked after every game, what he's asked to do for the team it's just too much to ask for one payer.

We need Hurst to be more pro-active on the wing but we also need another winger to help us to whip they balls in.

Errr I assume you didn't any games last season then?

I will be amazed if he makes any significant, purely based on the fact he doesn't appear to be good enough. Though I would obviously be most pleased if he does!

Depends on what system we play. If we continue with 4-5-1 then playing Barnard is pointless as Corr is the only player we have who can play as a lone striker. 4-4-2 would suit him far better and I think he and Corr have the potential to be a decent partnership.

Errr I assume you didn't any games last season then?

I will be amazed if he makes any significant, purely based on the fact he doesn't appear to be good enough. Though I would obviously be most pleased if he does!

To be fair to Barney in the games I saw him play in he hardly ever touched the ball in the box let alone have a shot on goal. Whether that is his fault or not is another matter entirely.

To be fair to Barney in the games I saw him play in he hardly ever touched the ball in the box let alone have a shot on goal. Whether that is his fault or not is another matter entirely.

I hold onto hope due to the storming run he made leaving defenders trailing in his wake before slotting the ball past the helpless keeper.

Damn I just remembered it was a penalty. Oh well all hope gone ! :'(

Back