• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The knock-out round starts.

I can't understand why Uruguay were being so predictable time after time, they consistently played it down the right wing, yet on the rare two occasions they delivered the ball from the left, they got a goal and could have had a 2nd.

All being said, I'm chuffed at the score so far.

Hopefully at full time, Ronaldo will be printing his boarding pass for his flight back home.

As well as constantly going down like they’d been shot. Not impressed by Uruguay’s antics, especially Suarez, deliberately jumping in between opposition players’ legs and then screeching as he collapses in a heap of **** :Scared:

Yeah, I agree, but surely it's poetic justice.

It would be ironic if Ronaldo complained about it in the post match interview :Winking:

I wonder what the odds are that Suarez bites someone within 90 minutes?

2-1.

What a beautiful goal!!.... Will someone send Cavani a "visit Southend" brochure from the tourist office.

I'd be more than happy to have him as "Cox's Wingman"......apologies for the Top Gun quote. :Smile:

I think that Uruguay are dark horses, they can park the bus when they need to but have the talent to get a goal when they need one. Given how awful the big teams defended in the group stages this could be enough to win the whole thing.

Today we have Spain v Russia at 15:00hs and Croatia vs Denmark at 19:00hrs. I reckon that the Spanish will see off the hosts (surely Spain can't under-perform again as they were in the group?) and Croatia to overcome Denmark. Mind you, after yesterday anything can happen.

Thought Uruguay sent a strong message to France yesterday that they can defend against pace and if they get the lead,they're good enough to hold onto it., (unlike Argentina).

Today we have Spain v Russia at 15:00hs and Croatia vs Denmark at 19:00hrs. I reckon that the Spanish will see off the hosts (surely Spain can't under-perform again as they were in the group?) and Croatia to overcome Denmark. Mind you, after yesterday anything can happen.

Agree with your analysis of today's games but personally, I don't remember any suprises yesterday.

Back