• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was a sad scene to see that lady laying on the deck in pain after falling down the stairs. Hope she is okay. It would be a nice gesture for Shrimperzone to set up a collection to buy her flowers. Someone on here may know who she is so we could get flowers sent over to her.

It was infact my nan who had fallen and could not grab her in time. that is an amazing gesture and really does show the quality we as a club have, I would love to thank everyone who helped including the dagnham medical staff and all the shrimpers who came to aid! Absolutey stunned at how brilliant our club is! Thank you :thumbsup:

jnr

Gone to hospital with a broken wrist And a dislocated shoulder, sounded alright on the phone

jnr

I am not sure how to create a collection online. Can one of the mods do it? Ramsdenblue can supply his nan's address I am sure?

It really saddend me to see the accident. I hope the pain is not too severe and she is home from hospital and at another game again very soon. God bless.

Really sad to hear that, I know how much your dad was looking forward to having three generations at the game and I am guessing that up until that point it had been a great day out

So sorry to hear she broke her wrist and dislocated her shoulder. I must admit I thought it looked bad when I was with her. Couldn't stop thinking about her on the way home but very glad to hear she is feeling ok. I will definitely donate towards some flowers if someone can organise it.

Last edited:
As an oldie I find most grounds a challenge these days. Lack of hand rails on steps is a clear risk and not sure why health and safety standards appear to be reduced at football grounds.
Best wishes for her health of course.

As an oldie I find most grounds a challenge these days. Lack of hand rails on steps is a clear risk and not sure why health and safety standards appear to be reduced at football grounds.
Best wishes for her health of course.

Totally agree, especially when you have giant concrete steps to negotiate. This does frustrate me with the way ticketing works at away games, you should be able to request seats where you don't have to climb a mountain of steps if you or one of your party is elderly or has some minor mobility problems, like dodgy knees or hips.

Totally agree, especially when you have giant concrete steps to negotiate. This does frustrate me with the way ticketing works at away games, you should be able to request seats where you don't have to climb a mountain of steps if you or one of your party is elderly or has some minor mobility problems, like dodgy knees or hips.

The Daggers stand is really steep, probably the steepest I've been in. The only plus side really is the generous leg room in the seats, not that I need it but for someone with long legs behind you, a knee in the back for 90 mins isn't nice

The Daggers stand is really steep, probably the steepest I've been in. The only plus side really is the generous leg room in the seats, not that I need it but for someone with long legs behind you, a knee in the back for 90 mins isn't nice

Agreed. I've had tickets in the back row before and it was a real effort, though, as you say, there is plenty of leg room, which is a bonus where I'm concerned!

Rather than send a PM at this stage it would be better I feel if this was a public post.

Ramsdenblue, We hope your nan recovers very soon and I am sure all on The Zone wish her well.

We are quite happy to organise some flowers for this lady on behalf of all members on here. We will do so as soon as she is out of hospital. If you would like to contribute to these use the usual donate button in the Nav bar up top or in my sig putting a brief note saying something like "Flowers" in the payment area.

With so many kind hearted people on here I am sure we will probably collect more than enough so we can all decide later what to do with any monies that are left over.

Ramsdenblue would you kindly PM me details of The Ladies name and where you would like the flowers sent.

Thanks all.

John/Ken

Nice one, Cricko. How about a voucher for the SUFC club shop with the remaining £'s ? She could treat herself to a new SUFC scarf, hat etc.

Back