• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
With 8 games to go. How many points do you see us picking up?

I'm going for:

Bristol Rovers (A) - 1pt
Cheltenham (H) - 1pt

Bradford (A) - 1pt
AFC Wombles (H) - 3pt
Torquay (A) - 0pt
Barnet (H) - 3pt
Oxford (A) - 0pt
Macclesfield (H) - 3pt

Period Total - 12 points
Season Total - 79 points
Estimated Finishing Position - 5th

For me:-

Bristol Rovers (A) - 1pt
Cheltenham (H) - 3pt

Bradford (A) - 1pt
AFC Wombles (H) - 3pt
Torquay (A) - 0pt
Barnet (H) - 3pt
Oxford (A) - 1pt
Macclesfield (H) - 3pt

Period Total - 15 points
Season Total - 82 points
Estimated Finishing Position - 4th

Think it will be us, creepy, chelts & oxford, with us playing oxford.

Think youre both being extremely optimistic with the home games. Surely we're more likely to win the away games on current form? I see no reason why we cant win all our away games bar Torquay possibly. Im not so certain about the home games especially as Barnet and Macclesfield will both be fighting relegation. The kind of teams we have slipped up against this season.

Bristol Rovers Away Draw
Cheltenham Home Lose
Bradford Away Win
Wimbledon Home Win
Torquay Away Lose
Barnet Home Win
Oxford Away Lose
Macclesfield Home Win

Total 80 points finishing fourth but might just get third if Shrewsbury trip up......... As the pressure builds most of the top teams will drop points. Three home wins out of four sounds very optimistic after only winning two out of the last twelve, but I've just got a feeling that the light will finally dawn for PS and I think Wimbledon will be the turning point.... they will have had a bruising encounter against Rotherham three days earlier while we'll have had an easier ride against Bradford.

For me:-

Bristol Rovers (A) - 1pt
Cheltenham (H) - 3pt

Bradford (A) - 1pt
AFC Wombles (H) - 3pt
Torquay (A) - 0pt
Barnet (H) - 3pt
Oxford (A) - 1pt
Macclesfield (H) - 3pt

Period Total - 15 points
Season Total - 82 points

Think it will be us, creepy, chelts & oxford, with us playing oxford.

4 home wins? Are you mental?

I reckon we will be second by Saturday night. And think we will finish firmly in the top three due to point deductions from the teams below us!

Haterz gonna hate.

Bristol Rovers (A) - 3pts
Cheltenham (H) - 0pt
Bradford (A) - 3pts
AFC Wombles (H) - 1pt
Torquay (A) - 1pt
Barnet (H) - 3pts
Oxford (A) - 0pt
Macclesfield (H) - 1pt

As much as it pains me to say it , I actually think Crawley ( who don't have such a tough run in ) will get an automatic spot now behind Swindon and Torquay.
On current form , I would hope to play Cheltenham in the play offs as their form is worse than ours , but also reckon that the other three will all be hoping to play us !
They may ask for both legs to be at Roots Hall :thumbdown:

Bristol Rovers (A) - 1pt
Cheltenham (H) - 3pt
Bradford (A) - 1pt
AFC Wombles (H) - 3pt
Torquay (A) - 0pt

Barnet (H) - 3pt
Oxford (A) - 0pt
Macclesfield (H) - 3pt

Period Total - 14 points
Season Total - 81 points

Cheltenham (H) - 1pt
Bradford (A) - 0pts
AFC Wombles (H) - 1pts
Torquay (A) - 0pt

Barnet (H) - 3pts
Oxford (A) - 0pt
Macclesfield (H) - 1pt

9 points.

Will that be enough for the playoffs?

Cheltenham (H) - 1pt
Bradford (A) - 3pts
AFC Wombles (H) - 3pts
Torquay (A) - 1pt
Barnet (H) - 1pt
Oxford (A) - 3pts
Macclesfield (H) - 1pt

16 pts for me, can see 3 wins out of 4 away from home. At home, other than Cheltenham, playing teams who have nothing to play for or are fighting for their lives.

Just for everyone's information:

By my calculations, in the 7 seasons since we last got promoted from League 2 (04/05) the average points required for:

3rd = 82 points
7th = 71 points

I think you can possibly add a couple of points on to both of those this season though...

So 84 points for 3rd spot and 73 points for the last play-off spot.

Last edited:
Just for everyone's information:

By my calculations, in the 7 seasons since we last got promoted from League 2 (04/05) the average points required for:

3rd = 82 points
7th = 71 points

I think you can possibly add a couple of points on to both of those this season though...

So 84 points for 3rd spot and 73 points for the last play-off spot.

That sounds about right though to be safe - I think 6 wins out of 8 for 85 pts and top 3 or 3 wins for 76 pts and play-offs
I think its going to be Swindon, Shrewsbury (5 home games still to play) and Crawley (finding form at right time unfortunately) for top 3.
Play offs Torquay, Southend plus any 2 from Cheltenham, Oxford, Gillingham and Crewe

I fear us playing Oxford in the play offs
Does anyone else remember Sturrocks reply to Ldnfatso at the Shrimperzone Q&A?
I can see that coming back to haunt us

I fear us playing Oxford in the play offs
Does anyone else remember Sturrocks reply to Ldnfatso at the Shrimperzone Q&A?
I can see that coming back to haunt us

What did he say ?? did Big Paul St call him a fat Barstard or something??

Has Ldnfatso lost weight and will be going Oxford ?? to show how much weight he’s lost ??

Come on spill the beans :winking:

Back