• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SteveTCB

Youth Team
Many will read this and think "who?"...

However I'm sure there are also plenty here that will think, "crikey there's a name from the past".

It's been 12 years since Bob passed away. Many of us will have fond memories and stories to tell... Hopefully some will share them here. And what an amazing 12 years it has been for SUFC!!

The pic below is of a very young "Littleman" (hope you don't mind Mike?) and Bob away at Rushden and Diamonds.

RIP Bob! You are missed.

image.jpg

Bloody hell, is it that long?

I didn't know him but he was a regular on here... somewhat bizarrely, I seem to remember there being a post on here saying that he'd died but in fact he was still alive! I seem to recall him being a bit miffed to say the least but then, a few weeks later, he did pass away. Most odd.

As I say, never knew him (or even met him) but looking at the picture the face was certainly familiar so I would have seen him at games no doubt.

Really miss Bob he was allways there to chat to if things was not going to well .And that young reprobate in the picture with him I rember him well as I'm sure he would know me well .RIP BOB

amazing 12 years hey ….

Bob was always happy to chat to anyone and was a legend at away games … always made people smile and laugh

I still cannot get my head around it today :sad:

Yer I miss him too, he still owes me a £10ner, he was a legend in the day , not one for fighting, but always loved to get involved, i remember him faining injury away at Chesterfield in the league one year, he made such a fuss that he had been hit by a coin that they throw him out in the end!! Away days on the trian where always a giggle when he was around. I can always remember working on the door of Monties at the time, and the gaffa told me a guy called Bob Evans had been in to see me during the week, I thoughht that was strange I wonder what he wanted up this end of town.. 2 days later he was dead...... It still makes me sad and brings a lump to my throat, you will never be forgotten shrimper. love Mr Cockles

Yer I miss him too, he still owes me a £10ner, he was a legend in the day , not one for fighting, but always loved to get involved, i remember him faining injury away at Chesterfield in the league one year, he made such a fuss that he had been hit by a coin that they throw him out in the end!! Away days on the trian where always a giggle when he was around. I can always remember working on the door of Monties at the time, and the gaffa told me a guy called Bob Evans had been in to see me during the week, I thoughht that was strange I wonder what he wanted up this end of town.. 2 days later he was dead...... It still makes me sad and brings a lump to my throat, you will never be forgotten shrimper. love Mr Cockles

I went drinking with Bob, The Hound and a few others in Brighton a few weeks before his death. Left early as was going to meet some other mates. Bob gave me a kiss on the head and said bye. Looking back I think he knew - just wish I did.

Sorry hit the wrong key As ive said its strange what some of you have said . Because the last time I met Bob was at the shrimpers before a home game it was as if he came in to look for me .He came over shook my hand and said we will meet again mate looked straight at me smiled then turned and walk away .The day after was his passing .:sad:

Always remember rushden and diamonds away in that pub it was utter bedlem in there ,seeing bob dancing on the pool table with the landlady and her mate that was a good night

The likes of Rushden and Macclesfield - now those were some legendary away days with Bob to the fore. Great times. No idea of the result in either match, which is the way any great away day should be.

Can't believe it's been 12 years:'(

The likes of Rushden and Macclesfield - now those were some legendary away days with Bob to the fore. Great times. No idea of the result in either match, which is the way any great away day should be.

Can't believe it's been 12 years:'(

We def lost at Macclesfield. Genial Harry Grout knocking on the door of the boozer at 11am to be greeted with a gruff landlord sticks in the mind.

macc.jpgmacc2.jpg

I worked with Bob for many years and I considered him a friend, I think of him often, he was a truly lovely guy. Life cut tragically short. RIP Rev bob you are always in our thoughts

Loved chatting to Bob, he was one of the only ones who used to reply to my posts on here back in the day, we must have had the same warped sense of humour..... Now no one replies perhaps he can't get a connection up there!

Smashing fella, always enjoyed chatting with him on an away trip.

Back