• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The League One Table

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
One Team in Essex???

Ceefax060126.jpg

It's quite amazing - still top well after the new year!

A lovely sight.
smile.gif

If we pip Col ewe to promotion, say they finish 3rd and we get automatic, is there any chance that t-shirts like that (of nice qaulity) would be a good seller? I was thinking all black or maybe white with the teletext league on.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 29 2006,14:16)]If we pip Col ewe to promotion, say they finish 3rd and we get automatic, is there any chance that t-shirts like that (of nice qaulity) would be a good seller? I was thinking all black or maybe white with the teletext league on.

rock.gif
Shouldn't you check to see if Sodje is okay with this idea first?

wink.gif

HAHA. I would buy one and wear it 24 hours a day - 7 days a week.

TWO games in hand, should = 4 pts, puts us top.
Scunthorpe (H)
Doncaster (A)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Jan. 29 2006,19:18)]TWO games in hand, should = 4 pts, puts us top.
Scunthorpe (H)
Doncaster (A)
We've got the points, you've yet to get them.
I wouldn't take Scunthorpe too lightly and Donny will be a very tough place to goto.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp to the Future @ Jan. 29 2006,19:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (col u @ Jan. 29 2006,19:18)]TWO games in hand, should = 4 pts, puts us top.
Scunthorpe (H)
Doncaster (A)
We've got the points, you've yet to get them.
I wouldn't take Scunthorpe too lightly and Donny will be a very tough place to goto.
Thanks for the advice. I expect Parky (18 wins in 20) has told the lads both games will be easy, we don't need the points and they don't need to bother training if they don't feel like it. Lucky you mentioned it really!

Refering to the post bu Col U actually.
Refering to TWO games in hand, making out as if it's a forgone conclusion.

Thanks for your input though.

Well he's forgotten it's 3 points for a win these days. So realistically, we'll be 4 points clear.

I know there's some sort of 'entente cordial' going on between ourselves and Col U fans on here at the moment, and I do try and keep the rivalry between ourselves in perspective. However does anyone else wish they'd all just feck off back to their own message boards?

OK, the occasional post now and again....a bit of good natured banter I can handle. However when you have a Col U fan with over 200 posts on a Southend United message board surely there's something wrong?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 29 2006,19:37)]I know there's some sort of 'entente cordial' going on between ourselves and Col U fans on here at the moment, and I do try and keep the rivalry between ourselves in perspective. However does anyone else wish they'd all just feck off back to their own message boards?

OK, the occasional post now and again....a bit of good natured banter I can handle. However when you have a Col U fan with over 200 posts on a Southend United message board surely there's something wrong?
There was a deathly hush during our 8-wins streak... I suspect it will go rather quiet after March 4th (Cos we will beat them, and if by some miracle we don't, we will hastily ban them....). In the meantime, no I have no problem with sensible fans from other, less privileged Clubs, cosying up to the furnace that is Shrimperzone. Adds to the interest, IMHO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tr0ublegum @ Jan. 29 2006,20:02)]Ron - it's over the course of two and a half years...

Such hostility...
I beg to differ.....that wasn't hostile at all. As I said I try to keep the rivalry in perspective and see that when it boils down to it we are just talking about a game of football. However there is a rivalry there and as long as it doesn't escalate into the sort of mindless violence we have seen in the past then that rivalry is a good thing and adds spice to supporting a football team. That rivalry will be watered down to a meaningless nothing though if we all sit chatting happily on the internet and agreeing how wonderful each other's team is.

Just my opinion and I'm sure many disagree with me....I've a suspicion there are a few who agree with me though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 29 2006,19:37)]I know there's some sort of 'entente cordial' going on between ourselves and Col U fans on here at the moment, and I do try and keep the rivalry between ourselves in perspective. However does anyone else wish they'd all just feck off back to their own message boards?

The sad truth is that there's feck all for them to go back to mate!

Someone point me in the direction of the Ewes version of ShrimperZone... whats that you say? Oh!

oops.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 29 2006,20:37)]However does anyone else wish they'd all just feck off back to their own message boards?
Nope. I'd rather have their banter on here than have to put up with endless "roll-call" posts ...

WS
Jávea

The Col U fans have taken the time to register here and despite receiving some quite uncalled for abuse from some quarters, have continued to conduct themselves admirably and have given us a rival perspective on topics. I'm quite happy for them to stay.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 29 2006,20:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tr0ublegum @ Jan. 29 2006,20:02)]Ron - it's over the course of two and a half years...

Such hostility...
I beg to differ.....that wasn't hostile at all. As I said I try to keep the rivalry in perspective and see that when it boils down to it we are just talking about a game of football. However there is a rivalry there and as long as it doesn't escalate into the sort of mindless violence we have seen in the past then that rivalry is a good thing and adds spice to supporting a football team. That rivalry will be watered down to a meaningless nothing though if we all sit chatting happily on the internet and agreeing how wonderful each other's team is.

Just my opinion and I'm sure many disagree with me....I've a suspicion there are a few who agree with me though.
I could also add there is a Shrimper on the Col U board with more than 500 posts to his name and a number of others not so far behind him.

I still think respect is part of rivalry between grown men...

Back