• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leroyjean

Youth Team
One or two posters have referred to Leonard getting away with a foul as he scored our winner against Oxford. I hadn't noticed anything at the time but I thought I'd suspend judgment until I saw the highlights. Well, I've now looked at them. Over and over again. It looks to me like a classic case of players losing their bearings as a high ball comes from behind them. Perhaps those who saw the nudge would like to inform their 23 about it, because going by his body-language he didn't feel anything at the time.

when Leonard headed in the first thing I did was check the ref as thought he may give a free kick as defender went down

It did look like a foul and I was amazed that oxford didn't appeal for it. Who cares. 3 points :)

It looks to me like a classic case of players losing their bearings as a high ball comes from behind them.

On the highlights it looked as if he lost his footing not his bearings.

I sit directly behind the goal in the South Upper, and I thought that it was going to be ruled out for a nudge, but none of the oxford players appealed, so i guess that swayed the refs decision to give it.

It did look like a foul and I was amazed that oxford didn't appeal for it. Who cares. 3 points :)

And that's why I wanted to check the highlights. You can see clearly that there's no appeal. We see professional footballers appealing decisions almost as if it was in their contract, even when a match official of 5 couldn't be fooled; and here we have a team who've done enough for 85 minutes to grab a point if not 3, and their opponents score. You'd expect an appeal even if it was groundless. But no appeal. Conclusion?

Sitting behind the goal in the South Upper it was clearly a push however it may look on the tv.

Sitting behind the goal in the South Upper it was clearly a push however it may look on the tv.

It wasn't a push - he fell over!
But nice to know you're preferring your single view of the incident in real time over video evidence that can be slowed down, speeded up and repeated to infinity :smile:

It wasn't a push - he fell over!
But nice to know you're preferring your single view of the incident in real time over video evidence that can be slowed down, speeded up and repeated to infinity :smile:

I spoke to a couple of members of Bucks Fizz earlier and they said that's exactly what you have to do ! (*)

(*) Anyone under 45 need not laugh.................:sad:

Yeah I thought it was a foul and surprised to see it given, also surprised that Oxford didnt appeal but I'll take that all day long

I couldnt see that well from my seat in West stand but whether it was a foul or not it was nice that we got the decision this time.

From the East Greens it looked like the Oxford player lost his footing when he had to try stop and back-pedal. No foul.

Going on the refs performance I was fully expecting him to give a free kick to them instead of a goal, however I am pleased he saw enough sense to realise the game needed a goal!

when Leonard headed in the first thing I did was check the ref as thought he may give a free kick as defender went down

Me too, even having watched the highlights im not sure, but as others have said there was no appeal by the Oxford players all in close proximity so im happy it wasnt a push and three valuable points earned.

Back