• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the lets keep Prince Harry thread ....

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
basically I have been heartbroken by the departure of Mark "Quality" Gower
and Darryl "heroic" Flahaven and with Maher long gone can't bear the thought of losing anymore familiar Shrimper faces ..........

I maybe going soft but I remember the penalty he won at White ****e Lane
and the broken nose against Yeovil as if they were yesterday - golden Prince Harry moments -

Also I heard he went to SEEVIC (as I did....a long long time ago) and though I know I am going to be accused of knowing nothing about football .... ......

......but for completely sentimental reasons

can we please keep Prince Harry for one more season !

purlease -

(he doesn't have to start .... except Johnstones paint)

its Matty redemption time

oh come on - we have 3 traditional centre forward types -

1/ Red Rum with a lovely smile and more groin strains than Ron Jeremy,
2/ I keep myself fit now that I am really old but did once get bought by mistake by Chelsea -(Mr Furlong)
3/ and I am so bad I cause chaos and my bird is surprisingly fit (the Prince Harry) ----

hes only ayoung lad and from Essex and has taken loads of stick - so deserves another chance -

obvious...

oh come on - we have 3 traditional centre forward types -

1/ Red Rum with a lovely smile and more groin strains than Ron Jeremy,
2/ I keep myself fit now that I am really old but did once get bought by mistake by Chelsea -(Mr Furlong)
3/ and I am so bad I cause chaos and my bird is surprisingly fit (the Prince Harry) ----

hes only ayoung lad and from Essex and has taken loads of stick - so deserves another chance -

obvious...

How about "He's a young lad from Essex who has a lot more skill than some on here would give him credit for and we could do worse than get behind him"?

Not to sure how many more chances Tilly can give him, he see's him every day and the fact that the fans get on his back , i beleive has nothing to do with the fact that Tilly has run out of patience with him.

Tilly wants to do the best he can at this club and in his managerial career and holding on to a player that will not take this club forward for sentimental sake is not the right idea,

I wish Harrold all the best in his future as he does seem a trier and has a williness to do well , but he has failed to produce at this club and its time to move on .

You only have to look at Barnard / Freddy to know how much a team can improve when you have natural goalscorers in your side , yes Harrold is better coming deep but he never looks like scoring and that is why so many on here and in the stands don't take to him.

and Darryl "heroic" Flahaven and with Maher long gone can't bear the thought of losing anymore familiar Shrimper faces
As for the Above names the club are moving on (forward i hope) and those names above clearly not in the plans of this, they seem to get in the side as the so called big names of the club even after 2/3 even 4 bad games, Collis doing nothing wrong yet the bigger name gets his place back

Also I heard he went to SEEVIC (as I did....a long long time ago) and though I know I am going to be accused of knowing nothing about football .... ......

I know many people who have gone Seevic and am sure they better at this game then he is even the girls i know lets sign them on that thought

Lets hope its not aleast for the paying fans

and for the record some of the girls from the SZFC birds team are beter then him

the schedule is this ........

no-one comes in for him -

he stuck in the reserves -

starts banging them in - 2 consecutive hat-tricks -

get an opportunity in the second half of our johstone paints first round tie - grabs a brace -

walker is injured - revell is injured, Ademano is injured, Furlongis injured - starts up front with Barney - Barneys gets three all alid on by the Prince -

he becomes undroppable ...

dream or nightmare ?

How about "He's a young lad from Essex who has a lot more skill than some on here would give him credit for and we could do worse than get behind him"?

Sorry, I have to disagree on this point. We did get behind him on numerous occassions but utterly dire performances week in week out took their toll. For whatever reason he is just not going to make it at SUFC and a move would be better for all concerned. I don't care if he bangs them in elsewhere and against us. The fact is he cannot score in an SUFC shirt.

The fact he is turning out with the youths at the moments suggests we wont see him in the first team again.

He is not as bad as some people make out but its not gonna happen for him here now.

and Darryl "heroic" Flahaven and with Maher long gone can't bear the thought of losing anymore familiar Shrimper faces ..........

I maybe going soft but I remember the penalty he won at White ****e Lane
and the broken nose against Yeovil as if they were yesterday - golden Prince Harry moments

......but for completely sentimental reasons

can we please keep Prince Harry for one more season !

purlease -

(he doesn't have to start .... except Johnstones paint)

Matt always worked his socks off but just cant seem to score. I hope he gets a move to a club were he'll play and score a few goals.

Sorry, I have to disagree on this point. We did get behind him on numerous occassions but utterly dire performances week in week out took their toll. For whatever reason he is just not going to make it at SUFC and a move would be better for all concerned. I don't care if he bangs them in elsewhere and against us. The fact is he cannot score in an SUFC shirt.

All subjective. He wasn't being employed primarily to score goals but to enable others to, and he did that and played his part in the team. I also disagree that people got behind him on numerous occasions. In fact I can only remember two, against Norwich and then against Yeovil when he broke his nose. In between them he was subjected to almost constant vilification. He isn't going to make it at Southend in no small part because he became a target for sickening constant abuse. People will say that doesn't happen at SUFC but I beg to differ. And now he is off the scene it is looking likely that Revell will take his place as the target.

he did put some effort in but when your playing up-front and cant score then fans are going to get annoyed, i think he is useless to be honest

People will say that doesn't happen at SUFC but I beg to differ. And now he is off the scene it is looking likely that Revell will take his place as the target.

Agreed on both points - but at least he had a run, unlike other forwards we have had and destroyed on the strength of 3 or 4 games. In the days before message boards there wasn't the "opportunity" to do this. Sadly just about every player we now sign seems to be subject to criticism even in mickey mouse friendlies where the results mean next to nothing.

"Lets keep the Prince Harry Thread..."

I must be showing my age. For more than a moment I was sure that I'd be reading about Harry Threadgold when I clicked on the subject.

Back