• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The "like" button?

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
(Not trying to be funny) but when do you tend to use it and why?

Personally I tend to use it for a post that makes me laugh or that I agree with strongly.

Sometimes also for a post that is well-written but expresses a different viewpoint to mine or makes me think.

And you?

Definitely prefer the like button to the old rep.system though.

Personally I tend to use it for a post that makes me laugh or that I agree with strongly.

Sometimes also for a post that is well-written but expresses a different viewpoint to mine or makes me think.

And you?

I use it as a currency, like snout in prison.

And you?

Same as you Barna's on all points,the old rep system could be far to war like at times,peace in our time please.:peace:

I use the like function to show I like a post, I mean, isn't that what its purpose is?! :unsure: Looking at the stats, I clearly like a lot of stuff posted :smile:

And I use the rep system if I feel even more strongly about a post or if it really makes me laugh.

Last edited:
Same as TuiB and OBL, does what it says on the tin...

So, just to spice up this thread... What about the not so emphatically used 'FASTO' button :thumbsup:

Who, what and why???

Same as TuiB and OBL, does what it says on the tin...

So, just to spice up this thread... What about the not so emphatically used 'FASTO' button :thumbsup:

Who, what and why???

As I said above, I use the rep system if I feel even more strongly about the post. Used it recently for things that were new and clever, like Andy T's "News from the Blues - PB diaries" thread, or that really makes me laugh. It's rare I use the red (neg) rep, I've got to have the serious hump about something posted to use that.

And you?

I use it when I like a post

I use it indiscriminantly if I've just done a big poo, hence why Colchester & Proud occasionally gets the MK Love.

Back