• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The line

Unfortunately the line is what the players cross every time the game kicks off - and they're simply not fit to do it. They weren't up to it months ago. And they're not up to it now. Until we ship them out and get a whole bunch of different ones in, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference what we feel about it.

Beyond not showing up, what exactly is there left for when enough IS enough?

I dunno. I'm a season ticket holder but I'm struggling to feel like going next week.

I'm usually the "it's only a game" type who will have a laugh about it. Some of my colleagues were actually laughing about how after the Dover game is the only time they've ever heard me sound angry about sport.

FFS, I'm Scottish, I'm used to crap football.

But this shower are ridiculous. Right now, I do not relish spending a couple of hours travelling to get to the game so I can sit in the cold and watch the same **** I have watched all ****ing year.

**** these useless, gutless ****ers.

Surprisingly I’m not that bothered. I think I’m actually beyond caring anymore. Even at 2-0 up at half time I considered putting a bit on Rovers to win. I feel like I’m just expecting us to lose every Saturday so anything more is a bonus ??‍♂️

Sad, but just gone past the point of giving a **** anymore. Don’t let those lot ruin your weekend.

Surprisingly I’m not that bothered. I think I’m actually beyond caring anymore. Even at 2-0 up at half time I considered putting a bit on Rovers to win. I feel like I’m just expecting us to lose every Saturday so anything more is a bonus ??‍♂️

Sad, but just gone past the point of giving a **** anymore. Don’t let those lot ruin your weekend.
I’m the same, I’m fully expecting us to lose. I’ll be there next Saturday trying to convince my 10 year old he should watch his local team (he’s a Spurs fan)... but I’m finding it harder and harder to justify dragging him along. Having said that he still wants the Southend goalkeepers kit for Christmas.. maybe he has more stomach for it than me ..

I’ll be there next week, but I’m not prepared to give up Boxing Day this year, family come before this shower of ****e.

I don't know whether I want to be on this site either, to hear the fans of Southend United moaning after every game. We know there is a good chance they are going down and they are playing crap but the hearing the frustrations of the fans ad nauseum until the end of the season would be too much for me. The same fans wanted Brown out and Powell in. Then they wanted Powell out and were happy with Campbell. Now the bandwagon against Campbell is gaining momentum and everybody else is a better choice in their eyes. I don't want to continually hear the same moans and criticisms over and over again (I think I said the same thing when Brown was here). Let's have a fanbase at Southend that puts up with the bad times and, while not enjoying it, have a reputation for sticking with the club through thick and thin. Stop bloody moaning all the time please and if you haven't got anything positive to say, shut up!

I don't know whether I want to be on this site either, to hear the fans of Southend United moaning after every game. We know there is a good chance they are going down and they are playing crap but the hearing the frustrations of the fans ad nauseum until the end of the season would be too much for me. The same fans wanted Brown out and Powell in. Then they wanted Powell out and were happy with Campbell. Now the bandwagon against Campbell is gaining momentum and everybody else is a better choice in their eyes. I don't want to continually hear the same moans and criticisms over and over again (I think I said the same thing when Brown was here). Let's have a fanbase at Southend that puts up with the bad times and, while not enjoying it, have a reputation for sticking with the club through thick and thin. Stop bloody moaning all the time please and if you haven't got anything positive to say, shut up!

Lol, the worst side in the history of this great football club, and you’re advocating people stop moaning?

**** this club. They deserve no less

You haven't said anything positive though?

A fans forum is the place to moan. And the place to vent. And the place to be happy when we used to win.

People only complain when they care so much. As i just read in another thread fan apathy is the real worry. And thats set in for a lot of us. Its pretty grim being dissapointed every week. And its natural to put a wall up.

A fans forum is the place to moan. And the place to vent. And the place to be happy when we used to win.

People only complain when they care so much. As i just read in another thread fan apathy is the real worry. And thats set in for a lot of us. Its pretty grim being dissapointed every week. And its natural to put a wall up.

This!!!

If only it was as simple as a line.This season is a financial disaster for the club and it's ramifications will haunt us for seasons to come .Will Ron and the club survive this mess?
Half season cards ,Xmas sales of club merchandise and occasional punters not the least bit interested in games to come just a few of income streams gone.... Then the realisation that come Jan ....Ron will accept that budget cuts will accompany relegation and get ready for the return of hoofball and crap players to watch.
The damage this season is doing is immense to current and future support .
We still have five months to suffer yet and barring the biggest miracle 2020 is already ruined

Realistically, we are done this season. It's hard to imagine a swing in our favour.

So it's about seeing an improvement in attitude, commitment and a bit of belief.

At half-time we were showing all of these things on the back of a committed performance at Burton.

As soon as we conceded the penalty though, everything changed.

We ask the players to be positive and put in a performance for 90 minutes, but as supporters the criticism is in as soon as we concede a goal.

FWIW, it is a two-way thing, but I think the players were excellent at Burton and by the sounds of it for half of the match today, but we crumbled under pressure for a number of reasons.

If only it was as simple as a line.This season is a financial disaster for the club and it's ramifications will haunt us for seasons to come .Will Ron and the club survive this mess?
Half season cards ,Xmas sales of club merchandise and occasional punters not the least bit interested in games to come just a few of income streams gone.... Then the realisation that come Jan ....Ron will accept that budget cuts will accompany relegation and get ready for the return of hoofball and crap players to watch.
The damage this season is doing is immense to current and future support .
We still have five months to suffer yet and barring the biggest miracle 2020 is already ruined
Got to disagree on one point Trigg, the bit about crap players to watch next season , thought we were watching them now

Back