• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The line

Already gone over the line, even at 2-0 yesterday all I'm thinking is we are going to lose.

I am a seaso, I don't really want to go next week but will probably force myself and end up regretting it. Going to Kempton on Boxing day instead.

This season is just thoroughly depressing.

It's easy to be depressed as a Shrimpers fan at the moment, harder to see anything to be optimistic about but I'll try:

Had we won at Bristol following our good performance at Burton the confidence of the team would have been boosted mightily, and we were within 34 minutes (plus a/t) of achieving that.

What lies ahead? Firstly Rotherham one of the top sides in the division but having lost their last two games maybe this is as good a time as any to play them.

Then Bolton (if only we could have played them before they got their act together) who we need to defeat.

Then MK Dons who we will beat (surely, their form is as bad as ours).

Then AFC Wimbledon who we must beat.

Then Gillingham who we will lose to.

Then Tranmere followed by Accrington who we must defeat.

We play all five of the bottom six in the next seven matches. That's as "easy" a run of games as we could expect this season. 15 out of 21 points from those games will not get us out of the relegation zone but it should result in a confident team able to take on the challenges of February with, hopefully, some useful additions to the team........

I know, I know. This scenario is as likely as onions appearing on the burgers but the opportunity is there and surely Sol will drill this into our players....?

I know, I know.........

It's easy to be depressed as a Shrimpers fan at the moment, harder to see anything to be optimistic about but I'll try:

Had we won at Bristol following our good performance at Burton the confidence of the team would have been boosted mightily, and we were within 34 minutes (plus a/t) of achieving that.

What lies ahead? Firstly Rotherham one of the top sides in the division but having lost their last two games maybe this is as good a time as any to play them.

Then Bolton (if only we could have played them before they got their act together) who we need to defeat.

We play all five of the bottom six in the next seven matches. That's as "easy" a run of games as we could expect this season. 15 out of 21 points from those games will not get us out of the relegation zone but it should result in a confident team able to take on the challenges of February with, hopefully, some useful additions to the team........

I know, I know. This scenario is as likely as onions appearing on the burgers but the opportunity is there and surely Sol will drill this into our players....?

I know, I know.........

I know, I know.........
Dont forget that the Gillingham game has been postponed.

wont lose to Gillingham wont be playing them

That's an even better scenario then. We play all five of the bottom six teams (excluding ourselves of course) in the next six matches. Then we are at Doncaster, but the first fixture in February is...... Lincoln, the team currently seventh from bottom. It would be hard to wish for an "easier" run of fixtures........ COYB for gawd's sake. Grasp this gift from the fixture computer!

That's an even better scenario then. We play all five of the bottom six teams (excluding ourselves of course) in the next six matches. Then we are at Doncaster, but the first fixture in February is...... Lincoln, the team currently seventh from bottom. It would be hard to wish for an "easier" run of fixtures........ COYB for gawd's sake. Grasp this gift from the fixture computer!

The gifts from the fixture computer are to Bolton, MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon, Tranmere, Accrington, Doncaster and Lincoln.

Now there's a glass half empty chap....... :Smile:

I have never understood the glass half empty analogy. When ever my glass is half empty, I neck it a shout "Whos round is it".......Why make life complicated?

Now there's a glass half empty chap....... :Smile:

We were superb in the first half yesterday.

Hit the post and Macca just failed with a clear but tricky opportunity.

No-one in the ground could have argued if we had been four up at half time.

We still contrived to lose.

My glass isn’t half empty it’s completely empty.

We were superb in the first half yesterday.

Hit the post and Macca just failed with a clear but tricky opportunity.

No-one in the ground could have argued if we had been four up at half time.

The sad reality of the way things are at moment is that even if we were 4-0 up at half time we still might not have won that game.

I totally get why peppy aren’t going. It’s not just the match, it’s being in a bad mood for the rest of the day. However I shall continue to go and will continue to sing and try and “do my bit”

If/ when we finally win at home I want to be there. I have watched enough rubbish and suffered enough, I want to be there when things finally turn around. I can imagine the celebrations will be immense, unless we all look at each other wondering “ what am I meant to do- I’ve forgotten “.

The worse thing is that I find myself either getting really upset and angry or laughing (on the inside) at how crap we are. I don’t want to laugh- but sometimes it’s the easiest way to get thru the 90 mins

Yes, the other thing is when the opposition score (which of course is often) everyone used to discuss whether it was unstoppable or who should have tackled, who lost their man etc. but now it is just silence and a shrug of the shoulders.

The worse thing is that I find myself either getting really upset and angry or laughing (on the inside) at how crap we are. I don’t want to laugh- but sometimes it’s the easiest way to get thru the 90 mins
I know exactly what you mean. That's how I get through it. This time, and after the Dover game, are the only times I've been angry about it.

Sometimes at the game, we're like Statler and Waldorf from the muppet show.

Back