• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The line

A fans forum is the place to moan. And the place to vent. And the place to be happy when we used to win.

People only complain when they care so much. As i just read in another thread fan apathy is the real worry. And thats set in for a lot of us. Its pretty grim being dissapointed every week. And its natural to put a wall up.

Partly agree, but it's also a place for reasoned debate and constructive thought.

Partly agree, but it's also a place for reasoned debate and constructive thought.
Of course. But not to often eh. Spoils the fun (kidding).

Its Very very difficult to find anything positive to say at the moment really.

LOL :Smile: .. Of course.

Wasn't actually aimed at you. You make a very valid point.

Got a season card. Missed a few. Next Saturday is my birthday and don't really want the blues to undoubtedly spoil it.

Today summed up our season.

We had an opportunity to win and just threw in the towel against an average bristol rovers side who are 6th. They are not even that good.

The line? For me the line was 3 or 4 games ago - 32 years I've supported this club as a season ticket holder but this season I've had enough. I'll be back in League Two once these overpaid, useless wasters are jettisoned from the playing staff....this isn't Sol's fault, he's fighting a losing battle with these clowns! :Scared:

Usually go to Toby carvery at The Bell on saturdays when we're away. Leave around 4pm & dont bother any more tuning in to Radio Essex, as every time i get indigestion after listening to how many we're losing by.
Even when i get home, now cant be bothered watching Final Score, as literally have zero confidence in us winning a game. Very sad.

Usually go to Toby carvery at The Bell on saturdays when we're away. Leave around 4pm & dont bother any more tuning in to Radio Essex, as every time i get indigestion after listening to how many we're losing by.
Even when i get home, now cant be bothered watching Final Score, as literally have zero confidence in us winning a game. Very sad.

I've not watched the EFL Goals show on Quest all season....

I've not watched the EFL Goals show on Quest all season....

No, neither have I. I have hardly watched any football as I am sick to death with it right now. I cannot make next weeks game and I have decided not to go Boxing Day. It saddens me that I feel this way but I just cannot face another highly potential loss. I will be back in January and here is hoping things improve with some signings.

I don’t expect us to stay up, obviously, but I want to see from January the ‘blueprint’ for next seasons playing style and team.

Dunno. I'm not, and never have been a season ticket holder. Yet the only home league game I've missed was Donny due to work commitments. After every horrible home defeat I question why I still bother.

Yet I keep going and I know why. I'd prefer to watch my team lose 4 nil than not have a team at all, like Bury or Macclesfield. 2019 must be Southend United's nadir. It can't get worse, can it?

With relegation pretty much a sure thing even in December, I’m finding it very difficult to justify spending £20 on watching this team play. I totally subscribe to the notion that being a fan means sticking by your team through the good times and the bad but for me this has gone beyond bad. This for me has become almost personal with the majority of this squad. The lack of quality isn’t something we can blame the players for but the lack of fight, the lack of passion is. They simply don’t care.

So a few figures.

24 Games left = Potentially 72 points to play for. Yeah I know, we might manage to get the odd 2 points.

Bolton are 4 points away from us with 4 games in hand and 23 better off on GD.

Nearly every L1 team has games in hand over us, including the 5 teams directly above us. Tranmere and Lincoln having 2 games in hand over the blues.

We have lost 16 of our 20 played games still winning only one match and by our next game we will probably hit 60 goals conceded.

We stayed up last season on 50 points having won 14 of our games with a GD of -13 .......Can anybody see us getting around 44 more points this season ?

I still keep going and watching games, however applauding the team at full time is a line I don't cross. Credit where it's due, and it isn't due at the moment.

So a few figures.

24 Games left = Potentially 72 points to play for. Yeah I know, we might manage to get the odd 2 points.

Nearly every L1 team has games in hand over us, including the 5 teams directly above us. Tranmere and Lincoln having 2 games in hand over the blues.

We have lost 16 of our 20 played games still winning only one match and by our next game we will probably hit 60 goals conceded.

We stayed up last season on 50 points having won 14 of our games with a GD of -13 .......Can anybody see us getting around 44 more points this season ?

I still keep going and watching games, however applauding the team at full time is a line I don't cross. Credit where it's due, and it isn't due at the moment.

Don't forget it's only 44 games this season.

So a few figures.

Also it is MK Dons who are 23 goals better off on GD, not Bolton.

Back